spc
uniqs
DanteX
join:2010-09-09

DanteX to Foggy

to Foggy

Re: [BC] Today - usage cut in half - 28 Days Later a $5 increase

I received a response from Devon and it is below

Thank you for the email regarding the High Speed Bandwidth changes and price increase.

With respect to the bandwidth changes. It is only fair for customers to pay for the amount of bandwidth they use and be on a plan that realistically reflects their usage patterns; otherwise, moderate users end up subsidizing heavy users. Even with the change TELUS has some of the most generous usage caps in comparison to many other ISP’s. Most customers use only a fraction of the allotted threshold. Usage limits are put into place so that the small percentage of high usage customers to not impact the internet experience for other users on the network. We currently do not charge for over usage, but the thresholds allow us to ensure that customers are on an appropriate plan for them.

The rate increase is in response to rising costs in providing and maintaining the network. Since 2000, TELUS has invested more than $30 billion in infrastructure across Canada to provide our customers with some of the best communications technology anywhere in the world. These increases affect all clients, from TELUS employees to brand new sign-ups. All the pricing has been adjusted to the higher rate. In terms of price and quality TELUS Internet is very competitive versus our competitors. In most cases, TELUS services will still be less expensive than similar offerings from our competitors.

Most existing clients have already had the benefit of a promotion on sign-up. As with all promotions, including the current new client promotions, they run for a limited time and the discounts they offer expire. We do have loyalty programs in place for existing loyal clients and we do offer existing clients the new promotions in cases where they may not have received anything when they signed up. If you would like to provide me your home account number I would be happy to look at your account and see if there is a promotion that you are eligible for."

In response to that I responded back with another response and am waiting a response to issues such as wholesalers offering unlimited while telus will not, How Bell charges 10 extra for unlimited usage, how the Internet in Canada is seen as a backwater state and services are over priced and severely lacking, How when Shaw raises prices telus follows suit claiming they are staying competitive. As well I talked about how TV has no value when Theme packs offer no theme quality what so ever , the channels show the same content across the board and how the Internet is the prefered method for media now not tv.

South_of_22
join:2009-03-23

2 edits

South_of_22

Yawn..... (In response to the bolded lines in quote)

So under these statements, anyone who has any product with Telus will be considered a leech if they use their rightfully 'payed for on monthly plan allotted cap' to its fullest, as allotted to them at sign up?

If you do not want customers to use their payed for service to the fullest that is allotted to them, then why did you sell it is such? (ie. 500gb's data before the 50% cut)

Was this just to round up customers into 2-3 year contracts, then in the shadows behind your customers backs, slash their existing payed for service then require them to pay more for less?

Yet you tell people that you do not charge for over usage, but your site says you charge $2 per gig over plan limit. (Well is showed at one point, they seem to have removed any reference to overage fees from their website?) Is this just to entice people to go over their limits every month, then one day as you feel like it you will start charging for the overages. Netting customers $100, $200, $500, $1000+ in overage fees and then tell the customers tough luck... It's part of the terms and services, you have no choice but to pay.

I really hope that more people on 2 or 3 year contracts file CCTS complaints against Telus (or any ISP that does the same for that matter).

Did you know that Telus reports late payments and refusal to pay for charges to the credit bureau of Canada?
said by DanteX:

I received a response from Devon and it is below

Thank you for the email regarding the High Speed Bandwidth changes and price increase.

With respect to the bandwidth changes. It is only fair for customers to pay for the amount of bandwidth they use and be on a plan that realistically reflects their usage patterns; otherwise, moderate users end up subsidizing heavy users. Even with the change TELUS has some of the most generous usage caps in comparison to many other ISP’s. Most customers use only a fraction of the allotted threshold. Usage limits are put into place so that the small percentage of high usage customers to not impact the internet experience for other users on the network. We currently do not charge for over usage, but the thresholds allow us to ensure that customers are on an appropriate plan for them.

The rate increase is in response to rising costs in providing and maintaining the network. Since 2000, TELUS has invested more than $30 billion in infrastructure across Canada to provide our customers with some of the best communications technology anywhere in the world. These increases affect all clients, from TELUS employees to brand new sign-ups. All the pricing has been adjusted to the higher rate. In terms of price and quality TELUS Internet is very competitive versus our competitors. In most cases, TELUS services will still be less expensive than similar offerings from our competitors.

Most existing clients have already had the benefit of a promotion on sign-up. As with all promotions, including the current new client promotions, they run for a limited time and the discounts they offer expire. We do have loyalty programs in place for existing loyal clients and we do offer existing clients the new promotions in cases where they may not have received anything when they signed up. If you would like to provide me your home account number I would be happy to look at your account and see if there is a promotion that you are eligible for."

In response to that I responded back with another response and am waiting a response to issues such as wholesalers offering unlimited while telus will not, How Bell charges 10 extra for unlimited usage, how the Internet in Canada is seen as a backwater state and services are over priced and severely lacking, How when Shaw raises prices telus follows suit claiming they are staying competitive. As well I talked about how TV has no value when Theme packs offer no theme quality what so ever , the channels show the same content across the board and how the Internet is the prefered method for media now not tv.

Exand
join:2001-10-28
Canada

Exand to DanteX

to DanteX
Did you send that to stopthecap.com? Because there's an article on there that has the exact same response as you got.
DanteX
join:2010-09-09

DanteX

No I sent it directly to the emails I mentioned earlier and i got a response from Devon

StarBuck4
join:2011-01-16
Beverly Hills, CA

StarBuck4 to Exand

to Exand
Not surprising, I received the same scripted BS reply from Telus when I emailed them. ( word for word)