All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

gregamy
join:2003-05-22
Middletown, CT

gregamy

Re: [SNOW] The Winter 2012/2013 Thread

So whadya got out there? Let's keep some regular tallies. Looks lie we started get snow in earnest late morning, and I've got a couple inches of the fluffy stuff OTG right now. Not too much wind...roads are passable (I just drove home from Hartford) so get what ya gotta get right now, then stay home.

sirchief
Premium Member
join:2001-12-14
Cromwell, CT

sirchief

Premium Member

A little over 2" in Cromwell. Grass just starting to get covered.

We just had a reverse 911 call from the PD saying to stay off the roads for at least 24 hours.

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium Member
join:2000-09-20
Fort Worth, TX

Harddrive

Premium Member

Wife's friend got a call from CL&P about an hour ago. Pre-apology auto-call stating that if you required electricity to start seeking alternatives.
XXXXXXXXXXX1
Premium Member
join:2006-01-11
Beverly Hills, CA

XXXXXXXXXXX1

Premium Member

said by Harddrive:

Wife's friend got a call from CL&P about an hour ago. Pre-apology auto-call stating that if you required electricity to start seeking alternatives.

I just measured 1.5", but the evening is young.

I got that call too. As far as power failure... I have my GenTent on, generator is in place and hooked to propane and electrical system, and ready to rock with one pull! I just need to clean the snow around it once in a while, but that top is rated for 65mph winds and 18" of heavy snow.

sirchief
Premium Member
join:2001-12-14
Cromwell, CT

sirchief to gregamy

Premium Member

to gregamy
Click for full size
The snow is good for something!

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium Member
join:2000-09-20
Fort Worth, TX

Harddrive

Premium Member

Don't let the cops catch you riding those around. They'll turn you into First Responders and a transport team.