how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

shadowlo

join:2013-02-08
San Diego, CA

[TWC] TWC 3D Pass

I am just curious as to how TWC justifies a $10 charge per month for the 3D Pass? All you get is ESPN 3D (at least in the San Diego, Ca market), a channel that does not broadcast 3D content 24/7.

I had HBO 3D on-demand and Cinemax 3D on-demand with FIOS, and have read that TWC offers these in other markets. Can any other TWC customers confirm if this is so?

thanks in advance

Steve Mehs
Gun Control Is Using A Steady Hand
Premium
join:2005-07-16
kudos:1

ESPN 3D is a 24/7 channel. It wasn't when it first launched, but it has been for quite some time now. But it does repeat a lot. So instead of being Off Air during certain times they just replay some NCAA football or basketball game from months ago. They do have a decent amount of live 3D broadcasts. I watched the BCS Championship game in 3D live, and on Saturdays they had some NCAA football. Time Warner in my area has had HBO 3D On Demand for quite a while now, probably a year and a half, if not longer. No Cinemax 3D On Demand, in fact never even knew that it existed until I read your post.

And Yes, pretty much across all of TWs footprint, 3D Pass is $10/month and just includes ESPN 3D. And if you think about it, aside from 3Net and Comcast’s own Xfinity 3D, what other linear 3D channels are out there?
--
Dale Jr, Riding Daddys Coattails Since February 18, 2001!