joako
Premium Member
join:2000-09-07
/dev/null

joako to beccaali

Premium Member

to beccaali

Re: [Business] getting service and downgrade

NO. This is a trick. You have a 1, 2 or 3 year contract. The termination fee for this contract is months remaining * monthly service fee.

Further I have plenty of business accounts installed with a standard DOCSIS 3.0 "residential" modem such as Ubee, Arris, etc. They never seem to find the approved for business Motorola modem.

Remember, the first 30 days you are in control. Turn away the installer if you are not happy with the modem they are installing. Or within the first 30 days you will pay NOTHING if you cancel, so use that to your advantage. They will refund all the first months charges and install fees if you are not happy and cancel within the first 30 days of the service being installed.

Since you have your own router you do not want the default SMC router they supply with business accounts. It has a (rather poor) router built in that can't be disabled.
biomesh
Premium Member
join:2006-07-08
Tomball, TX

biomesh

Premium Member

said by joako:

Further I have plenty of business accounts installed with a standard DOCSIS 3.0 "residential" modem such as Ubee, Arris, etc. They never seem to find the approved for business Motorola modem.

The SB6121 has been available via amazon for as long as comcast has had it on the approved modem list.

Comcast can provision other residential modems for you - but you have to rent those from Comcast.

joako
Premium Member
join:2000-09-07
/dev/null

joako

Premium Member

That's what I'm saying. Comcast never seems to find their "approved for business" modem and ends up installing one of their "residential" modems for $7 a month.
biomesh
Premium Member
join:2006-07-08
Tomball, TX

biomesh

Premium Member

said by joako:

That's what I'm saying. Comcast never seems to find their "approved for business" modem and ends up installing one of their "residential" modems for $7 a month.

It would be nice if business class customers could use any of the residential approved modems on a business class account, but my guess is that it is risk mitigation and training. If a problem occurs with a comcast modem, a tech can just swap it out. With a customer owned modem, it is much easier to only support a few models.

ropeguru
Premium Member
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

ropeguru to joako

Premium Member

to joako
What are you talking about? Did you even what the OP wrote? He said NOTHING about terminating a contract. Comcast has ALWAYS allowed business customers upgrade or downgrade their tiers without any sort of ETF.

So how is this a trick??