All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
PsychBiller
join:2003-02-26
Clifton, VA

PsychBiller

[FiOS Phone] Why no calling cards with FIOS Digital Voice?

I'm trying to upgrade my long expired FIOS bundle to a FIOS Triple Play bundle. The only voice service available with FIOS bundles is FIOS Digital Voice.

The terms of service for FIOS Digital Voice says that calling cards are not supported. My spouse is required to make international calls from home using an AT&T calling card. This is just a regular calling card where you dial an 800 number, punch in the international number you want to call, followed by the calling card number itself.

The Verizon online chat insisted that the AT&T calling card is not supported on FIOS Digital Voice for technical reasons, but she was unable to explain why.

Why on earth would FIOS Digital Voice not allow calling an 800 number for a calling card? It makes no sense at all to me.

ilikeme
Premium Member
join:2002-08-27
Stafford, TX

ilikeme

Premium Member

I don't see why it would not work. Find a friend or family member that has it and try it on their line.

birdfeedr
MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI

birdfeedr to PsychBiller

MVM

to PsychBiller
It all has to do with no third-party billing. Same restrictions apply to collect calls and other things.

The upside is you won't get the scam artists adding their "services" to your bill, which was permitted under the '95 telecom act to promote competition.
PsychBiller
Clifton, VA

PsychBiller

But AT&T doesn't add anything to my Verizon phone bill. The bill goes to the employer to be paid.

More Fiber
MVM
join:2005-09-26
Cape Coral, FL

More Fiber to PsychBiller

MVM

to PsychBiller
said by PsychBiller:

The terms of service for FIOS Digital Voice says that calling cards are not supported.

That refers to VZ's calling cards.

As long as your spouse is dialing an 800 number, there should be no issue.
PsychBiller
Clifton, VA

PsychBiller

VZ discontinued their calling cards, didn't they?

Is there anyone who could possibly test this with a calling card that uses an 800 number? It doesn't have to be an AT&T calling card. I would so very much appreciate it!

I can't jeopardize my spouse's ability to do his job by switching phone service and then not being able to go back.

Thanks.
hubrisnxs
join:2009-12-30
Fountain Valley, CA

hubrisnxs to PsychBiller

to PsychBiller
you could do a prepaid calling card, but nothing that would require third party billing