Search similar:

uniqs

WEEDmon
El Loco
join:2007-04-26
Greenville, NC

WEEDmon

Stupid Suddenlink Modem Question.......

A friend of mine asked me this question, but I wasn't sure of an answer, so I decided to ask it here...... A friend of mine has Suddenlink high speed internet with 30 megs download and 2 megs upload. His download speeds from what he is telling me is pretty much always consistent and he is always getting between 27-31 megs download. He is using a Motorola SB6120 D3 modem and was wondering if he bought and updated to a Motorola SB6141 D3 modem, will his speeds get any better as in whenever he does a speed test, will he consistently get 31 megs and over, or will it not make any difference at all? Thanks!

gatorkram
Need for Speed
Premium Member
join:2002-07-22
Winterville, NC

gatorkram

Premium Member

The only difference I can think of, is the 6120 does 4 channel bonding on the downstream, and the 6141 can do 8.

At this point I don't think it would make any difference, but in the future it could.

This is just my opinion.

It's also my opinion that by the time suddenlink has 8 channel bonding on the downstream or more, the 6141 won't be the best and greatest modem available, so why buy it now, when it makes no difference, and won't on the SL system for a long time, if ever.

moldypickle
Premium Member
join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA
ARRIS SB8200
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-nanoHD

1 recommendation

moldypickle to WEEDmon

Premium Member

to WEEDmon
Won't make a lick of difference, other than a dent in your wallet for no reason. Think about the question for a minute.... He's already getting the speed he pays for steadily....

I'd agree, by the time SL rolls 8 channel bonding, the 6141 could likely be a dead modem, lol