Stem Bolt
Aka Smiling Bob
Premium
join:2002-11-08
Cleveland, OH
kudos:2

1 recommendation

'Orphan Black' - BBC America

New BBC America show starting next month.

»www.bbcamerica.com/orphan-black/

quote:
ORPHAN BLACK features rising star TATIANA MASLANY (The Vow, Picture Day) in the lead role of Sarah, an outsider and orphan whose life changes dramatically after witnessing the suicide of a woman who looks just like her.

Sarah assumes her identity, her boyfriend and her bank account. But instead of solving her problems, the street-smart chameleon is thrust headlong into a kaleidoscopic mystery. She makes the dizzying discovery that she and the dead woman are clones...but are they the only ones?

Sarah quickly finds herself caught in the middle of a deadly conspiracy, racing to find answers..
»www.youtube.com/v/do_BCA-vR9E

Stem Bolt
Aka Smiling Bob
Premium
Cleveland, OH

FYI,

"Orphan Black" premieres Saturday, March 30 at 9pm on BBC America.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY
reply to Stem Bolt

Sounds too much like "Ringer".

Stem Bolt
Aka Smiling Bob
Premium
Cleveland, OH

said by Alpha Phoenix:

Sounds too much like "Ringer".

I guess. If you forget about the cloning and the conspiracy of who is doing it and why the cloning is being done.

IanR

join:2001-03-22
Fort Mill, SC
reply to Stem Bolt

First episode was, IMHO, a bit "rocky" hope it finds itself soon.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
kudos:1
reply to Stem Bolt

I found the first episode to be rather "cheeky", and kind of interesting. Be interesting to see how this show shapes up.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS
reply to Stem Bolt

It's been renewed for a second season. I forgot to check this one out -- is worth it at this point? Anyone watch the entire first season? (Season finale should air on June 1).
--
♬ Dragon of good fortune struggles with the trickster Fox ♬

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium
join:2003-06-08
Fresh Meadows, NY
reply to Stem Bolt

Its only like 5 episodes so far but so far I am liking it. Not amazingly awesome but better than Defiance.
--
Add a signature here

Snakeoil
Premium
Mentor, OH
reply to darcilicious

said by darcilicious:

It's been renewed for a second season. I forgot to check this one out -- is worth it at this point? Anyone watch the entire first season? (Season finale should air on June 1).

I'm surprised, but then again, maybe the numbers are better in other markets.

It's an ok show. Plenty of plot twists to keep the cerebral types engaged, barely enough skin to keep those that like "skin" in their shows engaged.
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

1 recommendation

I like it too.......she does a great job of looking like the different characters .
--
Sarcasm is the body’s natural defense against stupidity.

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium
Fresh Meadows, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Stem Bolt

Watched the latest episode and I am impressed that not only can she come across as the different Orphans, but also at how great a job she is doing when she is one Orphan impersonating another as the personality has a subtle difference (i.e. Sarah impersonating Allison).

--
Add a signature here

Snakeoil
Premium
Mentor, OH
reply to Stem Bolt

The thing I'm having trouble grasping is that this is a British show that takes place in the US.
I do admire her ability to split like she does in the show.

Like Copper, which takes place In 1864 NY city, and focuses on the tensions between the Irish and other races, as well as the Blacks.
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

1 recommendation

Here's the best part, it's a Canadian production,shot in Toronto with Canadian actors.

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium
Fresh Meadows, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Stem Bolt

As a New Yorker-- I really had to leave the British accent and the location at the door. Lol

Episode 7 was very interesting and opens the show up for an even wider range of possibilities. Good plot progression so far.
--
Add a signature here

Snakeoil
Premium
Mentor, OH

Agreed. So it appears the Clone creators aren't the ones killing the clones. That there is some sort of "anti-clone" group out there that is killing them.

Another thing I like is the diversity they gave the clones. Soccer mom, single mother that's a girfter, a college student that is a lesbian[or bisexual], and an insane killer type.
IMO, Tatiana Maslany should get an emmy for playing so many different people so well.
--

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium
Fresh Meadows, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

Speculation on my part: I don't think the bio-engineering folks are the clone creators. If they did- they would know more about the number of clones out there. It seems they found out about the clones and tagged on to them for their own gains.

--
Add a signature here

Snakeoil
Premium
Mentor, OH

Interesting train of thought, and it'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

I think Sara is the original, as she is the only one to have produced a child. .

The series certainly has enough twists in it now, vs the boring start it had.
--

djlar

join:2009-04-23

I think what I want to know is how many years have they lived? remember for "cloning" you do them adult size and implant memories and stuff, so the clones think they lived 20+ years already, just like Sarah was asking Mrs. "S" about her childhood and stuff..

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium
Fresh Meadows, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Stem Bolt

It seems Sarah lived a full life. Even if you want to discount Mrs. S tale, her foster-brother seems to have a full time line of her history.

Unless the foster-brother is her monitor!!

I can't say if that's true of the other clones but Allison was dating her husband in High School which is the earliest point referenced outside of Sarah's.
--
Add a signature here

Snakeoil
Premium
Mentor, OH
reply to djlar

I think the "crazy" one was raised in some sort of convent.
Sarah we know her parents "died" or something like that.

I don't think the other two have mentioned their childhood, nor do I think Beth's was mentioned.

Also, I recall, there were at least 9 or 10 clones, of which 5 or 6 are dead. Of course we know Beth is dead, because we saw her stepping in front of the train.

I think it maybe possible that there are more clones out there, and not just of Sarah.
--