Premium
join:2004-01-22
White Plains, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 edit
reply to birdfeedr

Re: [Northeast] Bad Weather, Bad E-mail---Again

Thanks, birdfeedr, I hadn't made the change since I hadn't received any notice from VZ to do so yet. I'll give it a shot, but the years-long pattern of bad weather, bad email way predates any changeover in server settings. It's basically unusable tonight. Will try again with the new server settings.

LATE EDIT: changed the server settings and tried again. This time it completely failed with the message: Fri Feb 08 19:57:09 2013
Version 5.2.1
LogLevel 8 (0x8)
16192 8:0.0 Dialog: "Error reading from network\r\n"
16192 8:0.0 Dialog: "\r\n"
16192 8:0.0 Dialog: "Cause: connection aborted due to timeout or other failure (10053)"

Back to old settings until I hear from VZ, but the time outs still continue. Very frustrating. I remember Gracie posting here years ago complaining about this back in the DSL days!

--
The truth of a thing is the feel of it, not the think of it. -- Stanley Kubrick

kes601

join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA
kudos:2
I'm going to post a question that other's have posted in your other threads -- why not just switch to a non-Verizon account and forward your messages to the new account? Just curious.

I do think if they offer the service it should work, but at some point I'd think the frustration with the service would be enough to switch to a difference email service.

altermatt
Premium
join:2004-01-22
White Plains, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by kes601:

I'm going to post a question that other's have posted in your other threads -- why not just switch to a non-Verizon account

And I'll answer as I (and others) have answered this before : I DO have other email accounts (including my own domains), but use the VZ accounts for specific purposes, including the subaccounts for family, and, as you say, it should work.

I post about outages here because I know that when there is an outage, I always find it helpful to come here and see that others have posted about it---saves me the "is it me or them?" dilemma!
--
The truth of a thing is the feel of it, not the think of it. -- Stanley Kubrick