spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Gentoo
join:2013-02-06
Murphysboro, IL

Gentoo

[DSL] Frontier Cancellation Fee

I have had the 3Mbps DSL $40 plan from frontier for about a 1 year, I will be moving although frontier has service were I will be moving to. There are better options. Does anybody know what the early termination fee is? I thought about using »frontier.com/networkmanagement to get out of it but it's probably a shot in the dark.
gozer9
Premium Member
join:2010-08-09
Rochester, NY

gozer9

Premium Member

I can help but need a bit of info.
Are you in a contract and what left on it
Why do you think you can use the networkmanagement info to get out of the ETF what did Frontier do that relates to that info
And if you didnt like something did you complain and contact them

All I can say is you are on the right track to use thier own rules against them. and yes you can avoid paying the ETF
Gentoo
Murphysboro, IL

Gentoo

I have about 11 Months left out of 2 years in my contract left and for the network management, I have never received the 63% of advertise speed during peak hours nor have I received the advertised upload speed.
gozer9
Premium Member
Rochester, NY

1 edit

gozer9

Premium Member

RESIDENTIAL INTERNET SERVICE TERMS AND CONDITIONS

»www.frontier.com/docs/te ··· inal.pdf

TERM ARRANGEMENTS
paragraph two in the pdf answers what the cost is for early termination read it $200.00 max if its just a price protection agreement and $400.00 max if its a price pro with a gift like a tv or apple gift card.

You may terminate the Service if we do not remedy any ongoing breach of the terms and conditions in this Agreement within thirty (30)
days after Frontier's receipt of written notice from you of such breach, which is your exclusive remedy for a breach by Frontier.

explain your reason where there is a breach on thier part and not meeting said speeds I would state in a demanding way to fix and this is the good part demand actual evidence as to why this happened. The reason to demand writen proof its basic contract law they have to tell you. so not only can you cansel the service but ask for money too if they fix it in the 30 days they owe you back money and if they dont fix it you should still ask for money and can cancel with no fee at all.
Gentoo
Murphysboro, IL

Gentoo

So I would use there failure to fix my service within the 30 days I put in a service ticket?
gozer9
Premium Member
Rochester, NY

gozer9

Premium Member

Yes but to get the 30 day thing it must be in writing I would call and ask where to send this letter and send it registered
gozer9

1 edit

gozer9

Premium Member

Now you seem more interested in just getting it fixed? I had made the assumption from your post that you just were looking for a way out of paying the ETF because your moving. But if your move is not immediate and for now just want to get it fixed fast then do this and again I base this on assumption that you have tried to get this speed problem fixed by calling support a few times to no avail. And as many do just give up and live with it because of the term contract.
To just get it fixed fast do this and include both ping and speed tests as proof of the bad service/performance.

You need to do a few pings say 100 each time and save that as proof then call a CSR not the support people the billing service and dont let the CSR waist time let them bring up your account and as they do you ask to speak with a manager. Explain your case to him and just tell him of the pings you have to the first hop ask that he escalate your ticket and get his name and ask for a way to contact him directly. So that together you and he can get this resolved.

Bottom line is your poor performance ishue will not get fixed by a CSR you MUST talk with a customer service manager!
Gentoo
Murphysboro, IL

Gentoo

I am looking for a way to get out of paying the ETF as my move is in 4 days. I thought that I could use the poor service and there failure to fix it after multiple calls as a way not to pay.

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium Member
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV

Hank

Premium Member

Genton - Go forward with your plan. Cite the poor service and refuse to pay it. Just stick to you guns. Hopefully you pay your bill by check or something else and not permitting them to automatically withdraw from your bank.