Premium Member
join:2000-07-15
GTA

1 recommendation

digitalfutur to Gone

Premium Member

to Gone

Re: [Weather] Special weather statements ON, NB, NS, NL

Given the same driving skill, snow tires will get through today's snow where all seasons would not. Of course, if you drive over a snowbank high enough to lift the vehicle, or skid off the road, snow tires (or any tires) won't help.

Every vehicle (car) that got stuck on our unplowed street had no snow tires. As soon as they hit the foot-deep snow, all traction was lost, no matter how slow (or fast) they were driving. That didn't happen with 2 drivers whose vehicles (cars) had snow tires and were driving as slowly. The snow tires' superior traction got them through.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

said by digitalfutur:

Given the same driving skill, snow tires will get through today's snow where all seasons would not.

All season tires got me through today's snow just fine, including just shy of a foot of snow in a completely unshoveled driveway when I got home 4PM today after closing the store early today. This is not the first time, and it won't be the last. I don't buy a word you say.

I should also add, anyone who put their car into a ditch today would have done it regardless if they had all seasons or snows on their car.

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0 to digitalfutur

Premium Member

to digitalfutur
said by digitalfutur:

Given the same driving skill, snow tires will get through today's snow where all seasons would not. Of course, if you drive over a snowbank high enough to lift the vehicle, or skid off the road, snow tires (or any tires) won't help.

Every vehicle (car) that got stuck on our unplowed street had no snow tires. As soon as they hit the foot-deep snow, all traction was lost, no matter how slow (or fast) they were driving. That didn't happen with 2 drivers whose vehicles (cars) had snow tires and were driving as slowly. The snow tires' superior traction got them through.

yea, one of the neighbours was leaving their house as i was snowblowing and could barely get down the road...it must have taken her 5 minutes to go 300 feet (i'm not exaggerating)...she was holding up a few cars that were waiting to go home...she drove a Dodge Journey with all seasons on it and it just sat there and spun the tires in the foot or so deep snow...i thought it was odd considering i didn't have a problem with it and i drive a little car, not a "CUV"...i left to go out about 30 minutes later and still didn't have a problem...sure, it was deep, but i wasn't getting stuck in it.