aight

join:2001-12-18
Lafox, IL

Anyone stop eating at BKs

Anyone stop eating at BK's since the news about horse meat
surfaced? I actually found it odd that someone took the meat
and tested the DNA and found equine.

I'm pretty sure if we tested Mickey D's, Wendy's, Taco Bell, Portillos,
etc ... we'll find some DNA that shouldn't be there.
--
You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'My God, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'

Jon
Premium
join:2001-01-20
Lisle, IL

Maybe it was a conservation group like the one that does the test on fish »www.nytimes.com/2012/12/11/scien···tml?_r=0
Or some random health department or FDA test. Or who knows. Maybe some lawyer trolling for a class action.

Can't remember the last time I ate at BK. Mostly because there isn't one near me that I'm aware of. And I'm not sure about the company but wasn't Naugles (maybe pepe's) the place that got busted years ago for using kangaroo meat? Maybe it was a different place but those are the one that pops in my head.

Either way it would necessarily keep me from eating there. Now that they got busted and know people are watching it's probably the safest time to eat there.

andyross
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-04
Schaumburg, IL
reply to aight

The horsemeat issue is in ENGLAND, NOT the US. Also, it was found by a supplier to BK in England, but never actually used to make burgers. It's grown into a bigger scandal as near 100% horsemeat has been found in frozen dinner lasagna in Europe.

»www.cnn.com/2013/02/08/world/eur···dex.html

So far, I haven't read any stories of issues here in the US.

sleuth
Premium
join:2001-08-30
West Des Moines, IA
reply to aight

So they're using leaner meat? Go figure.

Dennis
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-26
Algonquin, IL
kudos:5
reply to aight

I haven't eaten at a BK since about 2004 I think. Personally I've come to distrust the fast food industry in general and haven't eaten any for a while now (unless I'm traveling for work).
--
My Blog. Because I desperately need the acknowledgement of others.

The Judd Family site!

nonymous
Premium
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ
reply to aight

At least not soylent green.

aight

join:2001-12-18
Lafox, IL

Wasn't Charlton Heston in that movie? Was is before or after he did Planet of the Apes?

davidhoffman
Premium
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA
kudos:2
reply to aight

The situation happened in England. It seems to concern meat from Poland. As far as I know the beef in the BK burgers in the USA and Canada comes from Canadian, USA, and Mexican suppliers. Some may come from Central American and South American countries.

This willful violation of proper labeling rules, agreements, and laws is not going over well. It turns out some horses are treated with drugs that humans should seriously avoid having in the food they eat.

sleuth
Premium
West Des Moines, IA
reply to Dennis

said by Dennis:

I haven't eaten at a BK since about 2004 I think. Personally I've come to distrust the fast food industry in general and haven't eaten any for a while now (unless I'm traveling for work).

Yea, especially after watching all those documentaries. Unfortunately, there are times I have to swallow that garbage when I'm on the road.

At least on my trips back to Chicago I've gotten in the habit of packing my own food like a sandwich and chips.

Jon
Premium
join:2001-01-20
Lisle, IL
reply to andyross

said by andyross:

It's grown into a bigger scandal as near 100% horsemeat has been found in frozen dinner lasagna in Europe.

Horsemeat found in British supermarkets 'may be donkey'

Mmm..donkey

sleuth
Premium
West Des Moines, IA
reply to aight

I smell a documentary in the making.