Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

superakcraig

join:2005-03-15
Louisville, KY
reply to OSUGoose

Re: [Other] The Integration Has Begun!

Its starting to make a little more sense now. I noticed when I check my speeds from here »www.insightbb.com/speedtest/default.aspx that I have been seeing speeds closer to 15 Mbps down (I have the 10 Mbps package) and I thought that was kindof strange. When you look at the TWC site, their standard internet service is 15 Mbps down (of course its still the CRAPPY 1mbps up).
--
Here I Come to Save the Day!!

OSUGoose

join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH
reply to Mystic95Z
Yea I was just about to post that, it actually is a useable system now.

Mystic95Z

join:2005-05-10
Sellersburg, IN
said by OSUGoose:

Yea I was just about to post that, it actually is a useable system now.

Yeah it was nice to not have to wait thru the yo habla crap nor any wanna order UFC or WWE BS.

OSUGoose

Columbus, OH
But you know deep down you wanted to order it

ARGONAUT
Have a nice day.
Premium
join:2006-01-24
New Albany, IN
kudos:1
reply to superakcraig
I have the Insight 30/3 plan. So far my upload speed is still 3Mbps.
»www.timewarnercable.com/en/resid···ans.html
--

Hey you, out there in the cold. Getting lonely, getting old. Can you feel me?

AMDUSER
Premium
join:2003-05-28
Earth,
reply to Matt7
It does that for mine as well.. except that I have TWC service at my house. [I am also not part of the Insight integration as well.]

chachster
Premium
join:2002-08-07
Westerville, OH
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to OSUGoose
I was able to put in my address and finally see that my address is serviceable. I doubt that I should even attempt an order. I did go through and now have more questions that I would have before. I think I just need to wait until someone from TWC comes to my door or I get something in the mail.

I currently have WOW and didn't want to switch to Insight until TWC fully converts it to TWC as there are channels I really miss and TWC offers those channels and good internet speeds. Eyeing the

So the rumors are June? I can wait.. As one of the channels I really miss is the NFL network and I don't need that until Fall.

I'd love to order and go with TWC, but I think I would be in the middle of the transition nightmare

OSUGoose

Columbus, OH
I tried to order despite already having Insight services. It processed the order but no one showed up, when I called they (TWC) stated the address wasn't serviceable.

whurlston
Premium
join:2006-05-06
USA
reply to superakcraig
said by superakcraig:

I have been seeing speeds closer to 15 Mbps down (I have the 10 Mbps package)

When I had Insight Business, they had upped my provisioning to 13/1 but since I went back to the home service, I never get over 10 down and it's usually more like 6-8.

Matt7

join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Insight Communic..
reply to OSUGoose

TWTruck
OSUGoose:

Saw this near my place today in NE Columbus.. Time Warner branded truck installing cable services for someone in an Insight area.

OSUGoose

Columbus, OH
Interesting, did you by chance ask the tech if he was Insight or TWC...

itch

join:2008-12-06
Louisville, KY
reply to OSUGoose
TWC is now in Louisville. i saw a contractor truck with time Warner on it. Insight is slowing leaving this town. I hope our service doesn't get like all the other TWC markets.

OSUGoose

Columbus, OH
Eh the contractors Insight used has been running around with those for about 6 months around here. Until they install at a Insight customer and were a previous insight contractor, it could just be the guy does both.

Matt7

join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Insight Communic..
reply to OSUGoose
said by OSUGoose:

Interesting, did you by chance ask the tech if he was Insight or TWC...

I didn't get to stop him and ask.. He was busy working in the Ped and I didn't want to bother him. I kind of wish I had since it was a Time Warner branded truck like you would see in Time Warner areas.

About the other comment re: Contractors.. I am pretty sure both Time Warner and Insight at least here in Columbus are known to use "Broadband Express" so with the change over it's not much difference except who they are now representing.

OSUGoose

Columbus, OH
That's what I was thinking as I know WOW's contractors are located right across the street from their office. What ever happened to Cable Express?

ARGONAUT
Have a nice day.
Premium
join:2006-01-24
New Albany, IN

1 edit
reply to OSUGoose
The "TWC Armageddon of Integration" may be starting in New Albany now.. I'm on the 30/3 service.

Update: Speed is back to normal.
--

Hey you, out there in the cold. Getting lonely, getting old. Can you feel me?