share rss forum feed

Beezel

join:2008-12-15
Las Vegas, NV
reply to hoozdapimp

Re: [CA] Upgrades in San Diego?

said by hoozdapimp:

I am on ultimate bonding 4x1.

All 4 down power levels are either -9 or -10, and from what I understand, this is on the edge of what is acceptable.

I only have one splitter in the entire house, and it is brand new wiring. Should I be concerned? Possibly get a tech out to put an amplifier in somewhere? The splitter is being used to run the telephone, with the other end going to the cable modem (no CATV with cox for me).

I would call COX and ask them for a D3 eMTA modem. you will have the DOCSIS 3 capable of bonding 8x4 and it has the phone service also. That may help your power levels because you won't need the splitter.

hoozdapimp

join:2003-02-12
San Diego, CA

I just bought a 6141 so it is capable of 8x4, don't really want to buy another new one

Waitn

@cox.net

Seemed like the SoCal area (San Diego/Orange County) was among the earlier areas to get DOCSIS 3 downstream bonding. Now we're among the last to get upstream bonding and speed increases? Go figure.

The only people who have claimed to see upstream bonding in this area have shown no proof, lol. I guess I'm just impatient. C'mon Cox, lets get this rollin'.

ximage

join:2001-07-10
Chula Vista, CA

Click for full size
hmm I have 4 down and 4 up in chula vista for awhile now and here is the proof

krenim191

join:2001-01-23
San Diego, CA
reply to Waitn

Click for full size
Here too is my proof from Mission Valley.

hoozdapimp

join:2003-02-12
San Diego, CA

Click for full size
Just noticed I'm bonding 8x4 in Santee. Hopefully speed increases are to follow. I have a tech coming out tomorrow to hopefully fix the signal problems.