Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Orange, CA

maartena to switcher7

Premium Member

to switcher7

Re: Convert to Uverse & keep bellsouth.net email accounts

Personally,

I would pick your own domain name, register it for about $15 a year, and pay for a hosting service, the cheapest possible that allows a number of POP accounts. You can get a very good hosting service for less than $5 a month.

Yes, you will need to change your email once.... but you will never have to change it again. I did this in 2000, have had the same email address for 13+ years, moved across 2 continents, 5 different internet providers, and never had to change my email address again.

If you DO want to change, simply because your email address is getting too much spam, simply create another POP box on your account. If you are really getting in to it, you can even run your own email server.

And you can host a website if you really wanted.... but I keep that domain mostly for email, and personal online storage.
doubleohwhat
join:2008-10-25
Birmingham, AL

doubleohwhat

said by maartena:

Personally,

I would pick your own domain name, register it for about $15 a year, and pay for a hosting service, the cheapest possible that allows a number of POP accounts. You can get a very good hosting service for less than $5 a month.

+1. Register your own domain, get a basic hosting account and never have to worry about changing your email again.

A lot of hosting companies will even toss in a domain if you pay for a year up front.