London, ON

dirtyjeffer0 to Gone

Premium Member

to Gone

Re: [Weather] Special weather statements ON, NB, NS, NL

said by Gone:

said by dirtyjeffer0:

for one, you aren't allowed to park cars on your lawn

You probably are on some level or another, you just don't know it.

nope...you'll get fined if you do it.

»www.london.ca/By-laws/PD ··· king.pdf
peterboro (banned)
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned)

said by dirtyjeffer0:

said by Gone:

said by dirtyjeffer0:

for one, you aren't allowed to park cars on your lawn

You probably are on some level or another, you just don't know it.

»www.london.ca/By-laws/PD ··· king.pdf

I told you they are religious symbols and Charter protected...besides if humans can worship a nuclear warhead in Planet of the Apes I can worship a car.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

DKS

said by peterboro:

I told you they are religious symbols and Charter protected...besides if humans can worship a nuclear warhead in Planet of the Apes I can worship a car.

I wanna see the CRA accept your repair bills as "charitable donations".

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

to dirtyjeffer0
said by dirtyjeffer0:

It's technically illegal to park on the lawn of every municipality I've ever lived in. I have *never* seen a fine levied for it.

Good luck!
peterboro (banned)
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned)

said by Gone:

said by dirtyjeffer0:

It's technically illegal to park on the lawn of every municipality I've ever lived in. I have *never* seen a fine levied for it.

Good luck!

The bylaw here says you can park 15 cars on your front lawn...as long as they are all currently plated. The GT-R out back has a current plate and sticker and the plate renewal is soon.

The MTO sent a letter and said "No sticker for you" as it doesn't have liability on it right now. Some new government cross reference program with the insurance companies.

The end of my driveway got plowed in at 7am. The neighbour came over without me asking and snowblowed it out. How nice.
mr weather
Premium Member
join:2002-02-27
Mississauga, ON

mr weather to Gone

Premium Member

to Gone
Generally speaking, you'll only get a ticket if someone complains to the city. Bylaw officers dont go looking for stuff like that.

Hell, there's no on-street parking between 3am and 5am around here yet people still do it and in the 12 years I've lived on this road I've only seen them ticketed twice.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to peterboro

Premium Member

to peterboro
said by peterboro:

The bylaw here says you can park 15 cars on your front lawn...as long as they are all currently plated. The GT-R out back has a current plate and sticker and the plate renewal is soon.

The bylaw here prohibits parking on one's lawn. However, as many people in Fort Erie have narrow single-car driveways and on-street parking is banned in the winter, parking enforcement outright recommends that people park on their front lawn despite its illegality and will not enforce the bylaw when someone like jeffer complains. Lots of people also built little gravel or asphalt pads for their cars on the city-owned boulevard. Again, the town doesn't care and if anyone complains, they're ignored.
said by peterboro:

The end of my driveway got plowed in at 7am. The neighbour came over without me asking and snowblowed it out. How nice.

People do that here, too. It's one of the perks of living in a community that isn't a Potemkin village.
peterboro (banned)
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned)

said by Gone:

People do that here, too. It's one of the perks of living in a community that isn't a Potemkin village.

Ok, I had to Google that as I thought it had something to do with the dope. I suspect it was in reference to little cookie cutter neighborhoods in the burbs of London full of uptight NIMBY residents. »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Po ··· _village

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0 to Gone

Premium Member

to Gone
said by Gone:

said by dirtyjeffer0:

Good luck!

while not a lot of people park cars on their lawns here anyway, the city does fine them...my buddy is a commissionaire and told me they do ticket those offences, when they see them, which isn't very often...the ticket for parking on the boulevard is far more common, as is overnight parking on the street.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to Gone

Premium Member

to Gone
Have a look at the streets around the CNE when its running, lawn parking gone wild.

At the same time when enterprising kids tried this during the Canadian Open, they cracked down. Can't have cars spoiling tony Kingsway.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

DKS

said by elwoodblues:

At the same time when enterprising kids tried this during the Canadian Open, they cracked down. Can't have cars spoiling tony Kingsway.

Then they let them go ahead. I have family who live on the street what got ticketed. And it wasn't in the Kingsway area. It was north of that, on Princess Margaret, and around Richview.