uniqs
share rss forum feed

Rob_
Premium
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL
kudos:1

Screen gong dark (Ice Cream SDCH)

How do I tell my phone to not go dark while watching a video? It happens no matter what, Netflix or Youtube.

I have the latest version on my Galaxy S2 (Samsung)

Thanks,
-Rob

Koil
Premium
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC
kudos:2

Only during video? Never heard of that...do you have the auto-screen brightness thing checked? If so, uncheck it and see if that helps.

(Settings > Display > Brightness)

Rob_
Premium
Mary Esther, FL

It's unchecked, just want it to go dark when it's not being used, not while watching video.

-Rob

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

your app should do a screen lock

Rob_
Premium
Mary Esther, FL

How do I tell EPIX and Youtube to do that? It still goes dark even while reading a facebook app

-Rob

Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL
reply to Rob_

One thing you can do is go into settings and set the screen time out to the max (usually 30 min)

If your viewer doesn't lock the screen on. then just touch it now and then which with be seen as activity and reset the timeout..
--

Rob_
Premium
Mary Esther, FL

Did that and it still goes dark in 30 seconds.

-Rob

Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL

1 edit
reply to Rob_

Well under those condition there should be no reason for that but the most problematic app review troubles I have seen are Galaxy S2 and S3 of all other Androids that there are native problems too not a huge surprise.

You tell the screen to not time out for 30 min and touch in once in that time to reset the timer it should DO that.
--

nekkidtruth
YISMM
Premium
join:2002-05-20
London, ON
kudos:2
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to Rob_

Are you using stock ROM or have you loaded a custom ROM? Custom kernel perhaps? Are you running any type of battery saving apps?

If you're running a battery saving app or something that takes control of settings that save battery, disable or remove it and see if that helps.

If using a custom ROM, check with the developer about any possible known issues and do a proper wipe and flash clean.

If using stock ROM, try a factory reset.

Something is obviously causing your phone to ignore apps that keep the screen on.
--
Weeeeeee