All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
fotomatt1
join:2007-11-07
Easton, PA

fotomatt1

[Northeast] Is Verizon Repair working today in NYC?

I'm having a problem with my FiOS TV in NYC and have a tech scheduled for today, and they haven't cancelled but when I call they tell me they can't reach the dispatch center and cannot tell me if a tech is coming or not. What a waste of a day sitting at home if nobody shows up. Fantastic customer service once again.

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2

Premium Member

My aunt is having Fios tv installed today and I called up dispatch resources and they are sending techs out today around this area.
fotomatt1
Easton, PA

fotomatt1

In Manhattan?

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2

Premium Member

North Jersey. Im just saying that techs are out here.

Not sure about the city

guppy_fish
Premium Member
join:2003-12-09
Palm Harbor, FL

guppy_fish to fotomatt1

Premium Member

to fotomatt1
Um, didn't you just get a foot of snow? seriously, what else would you be doing today ..
fotomatt1
Easton, PA

fotomatt1

In Manhattan? Streets are clear...sidewalks are clear...stores are open...gym is open. What wouldn't I be doing today? I can certainly find something better to do than sit around my apartment waiting for someone who might or might not show up.
Expand your moderator at work

tito79
join:2010-03-14
Port Saint Lucie, FL

tito79 to fotomatt1

to fotomatt1

Re: [Northeast] Is Verizon Repair working today in NYC?

Verizon has a new feature when you order services they can text you on your cell phone keep you updated on your cell phone.
fotomatt1
Easton, PA

fotomatt1

Yes...except they haven't other than to text me last night to remind me that I have an appointment. When I check the status online for an update on "when will my tech arrive?" it has changed 3 times today. First, it said that I was the next appointment and the tech would arrive between 9am - 10am. Then it changed to between 10am - 11am, and now it says between 9pm - 10pm. I just called again and they said my actual ETA is between 3 and 4pm, but that I shouldn't leave and they can show up as late as 10pm. That is crazy. Who on earth would stay home from 8am - 10pm on a Saturday on the off chance that a tech might show up. They don't even know if the tech showed up for work today.
nyrrule27
join:2007-12-06
Howell, NJ

nyrrule27

I would call back and first make sure you are talking to a union call center. If you aren't, asked to be transferred. Second asked for a supervisior. You will get a better answer and if you don't like the answer of the first supervisor, ask for their supervisior.

tito79
Port Saint Lucie, FL

tito79 to fotomatt1

to fotomatt1
Guess it was bad timing to schedule for today.
watice
join:2008-11-01
New York, NY

watice to fotomatt1

to fotomatt1
I'd take it with a grain of salt. I understand your frustration, and I know as new yorkers our patience is VERY thin but storms like these probably leave their workforce stretched thin in such a highly populated area like nyc. If it's equipment related, you might want to hit up one of the stores to exchange/return/get STBs, etc. There's more than a few in the city.

tito79
Port Saint Lucie, FL

tito79

How did everything go with the tech?
jcondon
join:2000-05-27
Fishkill, NY

jcondon to fotomatt1

to fotomatt1
In Dutchess county (two counties North of Westchester) Verizon was out doing FIOS installs yesterday. Not repair. Installs. The parking lot wasn't even fully cleared and they were there doing an install.

guppy_fish
Premium Member
join:2003-12-09
Palm Harbor, FL

guppy_fish to fotomatt1

Premium Member

to fotomatt1
The install went fine is my guess, typical NYC whine but never a thanks