spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

getonline

join:2012-06-13

[Internet] Am I going to get 50/10 with fibetv?

I'm from Montreal, I'm making the switch from Videotron to Bell for both unlimited internet and tv.

On the website, it says that Fibe 50/10 fttn is available in my area and the 1st bell representative I spoke with on phone place an order for me to install Fibe 50/10 next week. I still have that order confirmation letter. The representative then transfered me to another agent to make the subscription to Fibetv. This agent changed my internet to 15/10 without telling me about it on phone, I only found out about it in a 2nd order confirmation letter.

At 1st, I thought it was just a mistake, I called Bell again to change it back to 50/10. However, the next agent told me only 15/10 is compatible with fibetv. I told him to cancel my order, he then transferred me to another agent. The latter apologized by saying that the last guy was a newbie and that the package Fibe 50/10 with fibetv will be indeed available to me in about 3 weeks to a month. For the moment, he placed an order for me to install fibe 25/10 along with fibetv.

Is this last representative lying to me? Am I going to get Fibe 50/10 in about a month? Also, when the tv is on, will the internet speed be reduced?

I have been with Videotron for nearly 10 years, besides monthly cap, I don't have any problem with them. In contrast, with Bell, right from the start, it already feels like a pain in the ass dealing with them. I'm questioning whether I should cancel my order.

kovy7

join:2009-03-26
kudos:8
said by getonline:

I'm from Montreal, I'm making the switch from Videotron to Bell for both unlimited internet and tv.

On the website, it says that Fibe 50/10 fttn is available in my area and the 1st bell representative I spoke with on phone place an order for me to install Fibe 50/10 next week. I still have that order confirmation letter. The representative then transfered me to another agent to make the subscription to Fibetv. This agent changed my internet to 15/10 without telling me about it on phone, I only found out about it in a 2nd order confirmation letter.

At 1st, I thought it was just a mistake, I called Bell again to change it back to 50/10. However, the next agent told me only 15/10 is compatible with fibetv. I told him to cancel my order, he then transferred me to another agent. The latter apologized by saying that the last guy was a newbie and that the package Fibe 50/10 with fibetv will be indeed available to me in about 3 weeks to a month. For the moment, he placed an order for me to install fibe 25/10 along with fibetv.

Is this last representative lying to me? Am I going to get Fibe 50/10 in about a month? Also, when the tv is on, will the internet speed be reduced?

I have been with Videotron for nearly 10 years, besides monthly cap, I don't have any problem with them. In contrast, with Bell, right from the start, it already feels like a pain in the ass dealing with them. I'm questioning whether I should cancel my order.

There's only FTTH and one FTTN equipement that can give you 50/10 + FibeTV. So maybe he did lie, maybe he didn't. Only way to make sure is to post in the direct forum.

BigWater

join:2002-11-20
Sherbrooke, QC
reply to getonline
I'm no expert but I would think that your line can handle 50/10 maximum meaning that if you watch TV you won't have the full 50/10 available for Internet but more into the 25/10 rang.

See following link to Bell website under the section "What happends when I turn on my TVs." it somewhat confirms me theory. »fibetv.bell.ca/en/internet/

Other Fibe Internet clients confirmed having their 25/10 bumped up to at least 40/10 for free once their subscribed to Fibe TV.

kovy7

said by BigWater:

I'm no expert but I would think that your line can handle 50/10 maximum meaning that if you watch TV you won't have the full 50/10 available for Internet but more into the 25/10 rang.

See following link to Bell website under the section "What happends when I turn on my TVs." it somewhat confirms me theory. »fibetv.bell.ca/en/internet/

Other Fibe Internet clients confirmed having their 25/10 bumped up to at least 40/10 for free once their subscribed to Fibe TV.

The 7330 allows profile fo 75mbps, so with 50/10 + FibeTv he would be alright. But the OSLAM doesn't have 75mbps profile, only 55mbps.

getonline

reply to getonline
Thanks for the replies.

What's the difference between the respondents here at Bell Canada Direct and the representatives I spoke with on phone?

The subscription doesn't require any contract. Once they install tv and internet next week, if the internet speed is inconsistent or lower when tv is on or I'm not getting 50/10 in a month, I will cancel my subscription with them. It will result in a bunch of waste of time.

I hope someone from Bell can give me a correct and honest information about the internet service they can provide to me before the installation next week. If their representatives on phone or on their official website (yea I tried there too) cannot be trustworthy, or do not have the answer to my question about their product, how can I do business with them?

My questions are simple, am I getting internet fibe 50/10 with fibetv in a month? Will the internet speed be stable at 50/10 when tv is on. If not, I want to cancel my order before the installation. It's pointless to get my subscription just for one month.

kovy7

said by getonline:

Thanks for the replies.

What's the difference between the respondents here at Bell Canada Direct and the representatives I spoke with on phone?

The subscription doesn't require any contract. Once they install tv and internet next week, if the internet speed is inconsistent or lower when tv is on or I'm not getting 50/10 in a month, I will cancel my subscription with them. It will result in a bunch of waste of time.

I hope someone from Bell can give me a correct and honest information about the internet service they can provide to me before the installation next week. If their representatives on phone or on their official website (yea I tried there too) cannot be trustworthy, or do not have the answer to my question about their product, how can I do business with them?

My questions are simple, am I getting internet fibe 50/10 with fibetv in a month? Will the internet speed be stable at 50/10 when tv is on. If not, I want to cancel my order before the installation. It's pointless to get my subscription just for one month.

The difference is they actually do their job right.

You won't get a answer on here is this topic that's for sure.

getonline

ok, thank you.

I will make a post in Bell Canada Direct.

kibosh

join:2010-12-16
Whitby, ON
reply to BigWater
I have 50/10 and my profile is actually for 70 down so I can have all 3 HD streams on and my speed only drops to about 49. I have tested this.

getonline

That sounds alright for insuring the stability of the speed.

However, at this point, I'm not even sure that 50/10 will be available to me. Some of their agents told me I can get it, some told me I will get it in the near future, then other told me 15/10 is the best I can get with fibetv.

Well, at least now, they change the order to 25/10.

kibosh

join:2010-12-16
Whitby, ON
Ya, unfortunately with Bell it depends so much on the equipment you have in the area and the line coming into your house. Since you don't currently have Bell the best information they have is from the people living around you and their attainable speed.

This was one of my biggest concerns in moving from cable but I have been lucky with respect to the equipment and how close it is to my house.