All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
BigWater
join:2002-11-20
Sherbrooke, QC

BigWater to getonline

to getonline

Re: [Internet] Am I going to get 50/10 with fibetv?

I'm no expert but I would think that your line can handle 50/10 maximum meaning that if you watch TV you won't have the full 50/10 available for Internet but more into the 25/10 rang.

See following link to Bell website under the section "What happends when I turn on my TVs." it somewhat confirms me theory. »fibetv.bell.ca/en/internet/

Other Fibe Internet clients confirmed having their 25/10 bumped up to at least 40/10 for free once their subscribed to Fibe TV.
kovy7
join:2009-03-26

kovy7

said by BigWater:

I'm no expert but I would think that your line can handle 50/10 maximum meaning that if you watch TV you won't have the full 50/10 available for Internet but more into the 25/10 rang.

See following link to Bell website under the section "What happends when I turn on my TVs." it somewhat confirms me theory. »fibetv.bell.ca/en/internet/

Other Fibe Internet clients confirmed having their 25/10 bumped up to at least 40/10 for free once their subscribed to Fibe TV.

The 7330 allows profile fo 75mbps, so with 50/10 + FibeTv he would be alright. But the OSLAM doesn't have 75mbps profile, only 55mbps.

kibosh
join:2010-12-16
Whitby, ON

kibosh to BigWater

to BigWater
I have 50/10 and my profile is actually for 70 down so I can have all 3 HD streams on and my speed only drops to about 49. I have tested this.
getonline
join:2012-06-13

getonline

That sounds alright for insuring the stability of the speed.

However, at this point, I'm not even sure that 50/10 will be available to me. Some of their agents told me I can get it, some told me I will get it in the near future, then other told me 15/10 is the best I can get with fibetv.

Well, at least now, they change the order to 25/10.

kibosh
join:2010-12-16
Whitby, ON

kibosh

Ya, unfortunately with Bell it depends so much on the equipment you have in the area and the line coming into your house. Since you don't currently have Bell the best information they have is from the people living around you and their attainable speed.

This was one of my biggest concerns in moving from cable but I have been lucky with respect to the equipment and how close it is to my house.