spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Carmelite

@bhn.net

[Indy] How to connect audio from Cisco 4742 to receiver

I have an older receiver that does not have HDMI. I have the Cisco 4742 connected to the TV directly, but want the audio to go diretly to the RCA audio inputs on the receiver. Can I run the 2 RCA audio outs from the 4742 directly to the receiver? Do I have to do anything on the 4742 setup to use those audio outputs with the HDMI going to the TV?

Thx!

Nayan3

join:2012-08-15
Melbourne, FL
kudos:1
If you have optical use that. Run the HDMI from the box to the TV and run the optical from the box to the receiver.

rbmoving

@bhn.net
reply to Carmelite
I have the same Box...and receiver that does not have HDMI Inputs, only RCA. I have the TV\Box connected using HDMI. I then have RCA cables from the Box RCA Audio Out to my Receivers RCA Audio Input. In my setup, the RCA cables are connected to the RCA Audio inputs marker "TV" of my Receiver. I can just watch TV and use its speakers, or, I can turn on the Receiver and play the audio thru the Receiver to my large speakers.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:153
reply to Carmelite
Did this get resolved?

Carmelite

join:2013-02-17
Carmel, IN
Yes, it works! I used RCA cables. Just plugged them in, programmed the Brighthouse remote to run the receiver including its volume, and it worked.

I will probably switch the RCA's out for digital optical. Does that really make a difference?

Thx for the help!!!