join:2011-05-25
Tampa, FL

First TiVo Mini User on Suddenlink...

»www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/sh···t9529410

benk016

join:2011-06-05
Owasso, OK
reply to sbiller1

I got on chat to see how much they were charging to add the mini. They wanted $6 per month for one. I was going to do it because we want tivo in our bedroom, but then they also mentioned it would also require a tech install for another $50. I just paid $50 to have the tivo installed. And when I say installed I mean the tech watched me plug it in and left. So until they offer it without an install fee I won't be getting one.

HarryH3
Premium
join:2005-02-21
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Suddenlink

Suddenlink personnel seem to be pretty good about "forgetting" to mention the extra costs. When I got my first bill after switching phone and internet from Verizon to SL I was PISSED to find a line item for a $50 "Setup Fee". When I called to complain they just said "Oh, I'm so sorry. They should have explained that better". Better???? How about if they had &%$^ mentioned it at ALL???

benk016

Owasso, OK
reply to sbiller1

Can any of the suddenlink employee's chime in with why adding a mini would requite a tech visit and $50 charge?

moldypickle

join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA
kudos:2

Because corporate says so?

sbiller1

join:2011-05-25
Tampa, FL
reply to benk016

said by benk016:

Can any of the suddenlink employee's chime in with why adding a mini would requite a tech visit and $50 charge?

I suspect that they are configuring the home for MoCA to enable high quality streaming between the Mini and the host DVR. The $50 is probably their break-even point for the service call.

moldypickle

join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA
kudos:2

Benk just said his installer came out and watched him hook it up..... doesn't sound like much configuring

benk016

Owasso, OK

When I tried to get the $50 refunded since the tech didn't do anything the rep told me he did a lot of "behind the scenes" work to make sure it worked when he showed up.....

what

@suddenlink.net

Does the mini just work on apple mobiles?