share rss forum feed

DeltaElite
We Dont Dial 911

join:2002-03-29
Tucker, GA
kudos:1
reply to bemis

Re: two batteries temporarily...

What ya'll are failing to mention is the RV has a 230 watt Alternator.....Most cars and trucks dont have near that kind of charge capacity.

I'd hook the marine battery up....Eye ball the entire rig while it was hooked up AND leave the vehicle running so as not to cause a large draw on the cars charging system...

Burning wires and alternators stink.
--
Protect your right to keep and arm bears!

Rifleman
Premium
join:2004-02-09
p1a

The batteries supply the amperage and act as a sort of capacitor. As song as the batteries are fully charged to start the honda will be fine. Sooner or later at 2000 watts he'd probably damage the alternator but he's running 600 or so and the alternator should easily keep pace.

cdru
Go Colts
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:7
reply to DeltaElite

said by DeltaElite:

What ya'll are failing to mention is the RV has a 230 watt Alternator.....Most cars and trucks dont have near that kind of charge capacity.

Every single car I've ever owned had an alternator larger than 230 watts. I think the little "generator" I had as a kid on my bike that powered the headlight was around 230 watts....

Hagar

join:2004-10-31
Sunnyvale, CA
Reviews:
·T-Mobile US
·AT&T U-Verse

said by DeltaElite:

I think the little "generator" I had as a kid on my bike that powered the headlight was around 230 watts....

I think not, an average person will be hard pressed to generates 250 Watt for more than 20 min. A old bike generator was probably 25 Watts.

Note the watt your exercise machine report is what your burn but we are not very efficient so we generate much less useful energy most of it becomes heat.

Rifleman
Premium
join:2004-02-09
p1a
reply to DeltaElite

He meant amps--not watts

cdru
Go Colts
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:7

1 recommendation

reply to Hagar

said by Hagar:

I think not, an average person will be hard pressed to generates 250 Watt for more than 20 min. A old bike generator was probably 25 Watts.

It was a bad attempt at humor, hence the smiley. I forgot people are humorless here.

Hagar

join:2004-10-31
Sunnyvale, CA

My bad, sarcasm detector was working but not humor detector.

I did not even see the smiley