spc
Search similar:

uniqs
tdawg
join:2012-01-09
Des Moines, IA

tdawg

[Cable HSI] Getting charged for rental fee when i own my own mod

i was just looking at my bill and I am being charged for a modem rental. We purchased a Motorola Surfboard SB6121 when we signed up for cable HSI. My statement also shows HSD Basic, but there is no charge. What is HSD Basic?

Anonymous88
Premium Member
join:2004-06-01
IA

Anonymous88

Premium Member

Re: [Cable HSI] Getting charged for rental fee when i own my own

HSD Basic is a $15 fee if you have no other service but internet. If it's $0 you are on a promo.
k9iua6
join:2004-05-23
Dubuque, IA

k9iua6 to tdawg

to tdawg
To get the modem fee removed, take your modem purchase receipt into your local Mediacom office and deal directly with the clerk at the counter.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad to tdawg

Premium Member

to tdawg
tdawg,

I can help get the modem rental fee removed. Just go ahead and private message me

Anonymous88
Premium Member
join:2004-06-01
IA

Anonymous88 to k9iua6

Premium Member

to k9iua6
said by k9iua6:

To get the modem fee removed, take your modem purchase receipt into your local Mediacom office and deal directly with the clerk at the counter.

What a lot of people don't understand is Mediacom has to prove it's their modem. Did you sign a receipt with the modem MAC on it? If not they can't prove anything even if it was their modem.

I keep my receipts but a lot of people don't.
StreatorTech
join:2009-12-02
Streator, IL

StreatorTech

the HSD rental fee is supposed to be automatically removed within two days of the install being completed. The rental fee is on all work orders by default.
tdawg
join:2012-01-09
Des Moines, IA

tdawg

Thanks everybody i pm'ed mediacomchad over the weekend and he removed the fee and credited me for all the months since we signed up in march mediacomchad your the best

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

You are welcome!