Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

MCharlie

join:2012-07-11
Reno, NV

USB enable hacks in the Cisco IPN4320

I had posted this before, but received no info...so..I ask again:

Does anyone know of any hacks to enable the USB ports yet, to add an external drive to the Cisco box? [Or, any news on when (if??) U-Verse is going to get their collective heads out and enable the USB port(s) to add an external drive?

Hopefully, there is hack now..or at last, some info on *When* AT&T is going to remedy this lack of cognizant thinking on their part!

MC

Exergy

@sbcglobal.net

No hacks for the port but you can use it to charge a phone or power any other usb devices. Also i believe the RF remote receiver plugs into it.

Although, about 2 weeks ago ATT sent me a survey via uverse e-panel asking about a lot of dvr upgrade questions and there were a few questions relating to allowing external drives to be plugged in. So they are actively thinking about it. If they get enough of a customer base interested via these market research groups they might implement it.

joako
Premium
join:2000-09-07
/dev/null
kudos:6
reply to MCharlie

If you want to increase the storage capacity you need to replace the internal hard drive. Simply open up the DVR and replace the drive and you should be good to go. I have a 1TB drive in my DVR.
--
PRescott7-2097