StillLearn
Premium
join:2002-03-21
Streamwood, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T Midwest

2 edits

[Anveo]FIXED. was: Now "Other" not working in CONTACT

Edited: title change to indicate that the problem was resolved. Here was my original post:
-------------------------------------------------
I had Contact Check working well. However I just found today that the "Other" output was not routing to the next stage. Instead the caller would hear about 5 rings and then a hangup. I tried a few call flows, including a RoboTalk before the Press Key. The RoboTalk did not get hit. I ended up putting a temporary pass-it-all call flow into place.

If you are using this method, please try calling from an "other" phone to see if you face the same problem.

I was going to put this onto the »[Anveo] 'CONTACT CHECK' + 'PRESS KEY' = PERFECT SPAM TRAP thread, but I figured this situation was not of lasting interest.

Arne Bolen
Happy Anveo customer
Premium
join:2009-06-21
Antar
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Anveo
·voip.ms
·callwithus
·Callcentric

Re: [Anveo]Now "Other" not working in CONTACT CHECK'

said by StillLearn:

I had Contact Check working well. However I just found today that the "Other" output was not routing to the next stage.

Do you have the Contact Type set to empty as shown in this image?

--
My VoIP News

StillLearn
Premium
Streamwood, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T Midwest

2 edits

said by Arne Bolen:

said by StillLearn:

I had Contact Check working well. However I just found today that the "Other" output was not routing to the next stage.

Do you have the Contact Type set to empty as shown in this image?

I have several contacts. I just checked, and one of them was GENERAL but the Contact Type was blank. I fixed that one to select a Contact Type. I then returned to the Call Flow that I had before. The symptom still there: 5 or 6 ring sounds in the callers ear followed by a busy signal.

Are you maybe saying that I should fabricate a John Doe entry with an empty as you show? My accidentally-empty entry should have filled that function if that is the case. However that entry had a phone number. I could make one with no phone number, but I doubt that is what you are suggesting.

I have been thinking that the "Other" output of the CONTACT CHECK call control would be used when there was no match of a number to the Contacts list. I thought I tested for that.

Thanks.

grand total

join:2005-10-26
Mississauga
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Anveo
·VMedia

said by StillLearn:

Are you maybe saying that I should fabricate a John Doe entry with an empty as you show? My accidentally-empty entry should have filled that function if that is the case. However that entry had a phone number. I could make one with no phone number, but I doubt that is what you are suggesting.

I have been thinking that the "Other" output of the CONTACT CHECK call control would be used when there was no match of a number to the Contacts list. I thought I tested for that.

I just tested and 'OTHER' does work.
--
DPC3825 (bridged mode) - WRT610N + Tomato - Panasonic KX-TGP500 - Asterisk 11.0.2 on Virtual Server
Anveo - FreePhoneLine - Voxbeam - Numbergroup - Callcentric - VoIP.MS - Localphone - UKDDI

Arne Bolen
Happy Anveo customer
Premium
join:2009-06-21
Antar
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Anveo
·voip.ms
·callwithus
·Callcentric
reply to StillLearn

To test I suggest you add a contact with your own cellphone number, the name doesn't matter but set the Contact Type to blank.

Route the Other tab to a voicemail and call your Anveo phone number from your cellphone. You should hit the voicemail.

The Other tab works fine for me, both with Contacts having the Contact Type blank and for callers not in my Contacts.

--
My VoIP News

StillLearn
Premium
Streamwood, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T Midwest

1 edit

said by Arne Bolen:

To test I suggest you add a contact with your own cellphone number, the name doesn't matter but set the Contact Type to blank.

Route the Other tab to a voicemail and call your Anveo phone number from your cellphone. You should hit the voicemail.

The Other tab works fine for me, both with Contacts having the Contact Type blank and for callers not in my Contacts.

Tests from the cell phone seem to work. Your testing method is useful.

I have been doing testing. The problem test calls are coming in via MagicJack. I will resume testing tomorrow. Thanks.

StillLearn
Premium
Streamwood, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T Midwest

4 edits

Re: [Anveo]RESOLVED. CONTACT CHECK, PRESS KEY with MJ call

It appears to be working well. The initial fix/workaround was to un-check "Do not answer the line." in the START control. The second fix, and the one I am going with for now, is to route Other and Spam calls through an ANSWER call control item before going to the PRESS KEY control.

The problem was detected only on MagicJack calls. The downside of my initial fix is that a caller who is on the Friends, Family or Business list who's call get routed to SIP would be charged for an answered call. That issue is discussed in »[Anveo] Importance of "Do not answer the line" The downside of the second fix is that you have to add a control. Since I was not to my free item limit, that is not a problem for me.

Others may want to experiment, and I may experiment further in the future. Thanks for the tips.

To recap, if
• a MagicJack call came in
• "Do not answer the line" was selected in START
• the call got routed through CONTACT CHECK
• the call was deemed Other or Spam that pointed directly to PRESS KEY
then the caller would hear about 5 ringback tones followed by a busy signal.

I had had the "Blacklist user group" in the START control as blank. I had hoped that selecting BLACKLIST while leaving the Do not answer the line" checked would be sufficient to solve the problem. It was not.

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7

2 edits

said by StillLearn:

It appears to be working well....

OK, so let me do a different recap of this topic, from another PoV :

(1) If I let my call flow always answer all calls and do not worry about callers paying for a minute (or part thereof), then the described problem does not happen.

(2) Even if I tell it NOT to answer them, this problem only happens to calls from Magic Jack subscribers which end up (for whatever reason, depending upon the rest of your call flow) at a 'Press Key' control.

(3) Putting an 'Answer' control after the output called 'Other' from 'Contact Check' control (and before the 'Press Key' control, if it was heading there) will relieve the problem for the callers mentioned in (2).

Am I accurate ?

StillLearn
Premium
Streamwood, IL
Reviews:
·AT&T Midwest

2 edits

said by Davesnothere:

Am I accurate ?

Yes, except that I don't know if it would be limited to MagicJack. The problem turned up with a friend calling me on a MagicJack that I had not put into my contacts. I then tested with a MagicJack set to SPAM or removed from contacts. The problem did not happen when I called on my cellphone after temporarily setting the cellphone number to blank or SPAM in the contacts.

I would also add that the default for the START control is to answer immediately. It is only since I set the setting in the Advanced Options that this could occur.

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7

said by StillLearn:

said by Davesnothere:

Am I accurate ?

Yes, except that I don't know if it would be limited to MagicJack....

But so far only MJ had the issue ?

An anecdote :

Before I ported a landline number to Anveo, I began to test a call flow with stuff (actually ALL calls) going thru a 'Press Key' control.

When I called in from my CallCentric number, and pressed a valid key, the connection seemed to go silent in my earpiece, though calls from folks using other providers' numbers worked fine.

I was going to post about it, but after my number port-in was completed, the same test did not have the problem anymore, and never has since.