Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

Air Miles

If you collect Air Miles, and you need gas (Shell), 50 Air Miles if you spend $50 including $20 of their premium gas. (Contains no ethanol) Offer is for today and tomorrow only.

Seems to be a good deal to me.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

corster
Premium
join:2002-02-23
Gatineau, QC
The extra cost for the premium gas is likely the same value as the Air Miles :P

Mike2009

join:2009-01-13
Ottawa, ON
kudos:3
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
said by corster:

Yes, but some cars require premium.

corster
Premium
Gatineau, QC
said by Mike2009:

said by corster:

Yes, but some cars require premium.

Very true, and in that case, Shell is likely the best you can get because of the 0 ethanol.

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON
i fill up every once in a while with Shell Gold (or whatever they call it)...not only is it ethanol free (pure gas), it is loaded with all kinds of detergents and cleaners...likely not a bad idea to use once in a while...plus, i ONLY use that fuel for my yard equipment (lawn mower, trimmer and snow blower), so when i fill up the gas "can", i top off my car with some as well.
Expand your moderator at work

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to corster

Re: Air Miles

said by corster:

I use it for getting movies to Cineplex or Empire. 175 miles gets you into a theatre, 2 admissions, two pop and 1 popcorn. That's likely going to set you back at least $40 with tax. I think that getting 3.5 premium fill-ups would get you there, paying a $15 or premium for the extra gas.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

franch

join:1999-11-03
Canada
reply to J E F F
If you don't want to buy the premium gas, you can also just buy the regular stuff ($50 total and $20 of gas), but you'll only get 25 Air Miles points.

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
That's true. I wished we had more Shells in Kitchener, but there aren't a lot in my neighbourhood. I usually buy Petro-Canada. It takes forever to get points though, but occasionally they have decent deals, like 500 points for any hot drink. Worked nicely last year.
--

Markie
Still Living Free

join:2009-07-11
Canada
reply to J E F F
Gotta love safeway, 381 airmiles for $131 spent the last outing. Don't shop there as a habit, but always keep an eye out for the airmile specials and we average 3k airmiles per quarter.
--
»libertarian.on.ca/

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
We don't have a safeway in the area, although there is a Metro in Cambridge, and I see great deals all the time. 3,000 is a lot of points, you'd never have to pay for a movie again!
--

corster
Premium
Gatineau, QC
reply to J E F F
said by J E F F:

said by corster:

I use it for getting movies to Cineplex or Empire. 175 miles gets you into a theatre, 2 admissions, two pop and 1 popcorn. That's likely going to set you back at least $40 with tax. I think that getting 3.5 premium fill-ups would get you there, paying a $15 or premium for the extra gas.

$24.99 - Print at Home

»www.costco.ca/Cineplex-Night-Out···042.html

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON
hehehe...i see the cards all the time in the store...i didn't think about buying them online...we get movie passes from my wife's work for $7, so we just use those.

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
reply to corster
That's a great deal, does that require membership too? It's the popcorn and pop that kill you.
--

corster
Premium
Gatineau, QC
said by J E F F:

That's a great deal, does that require membership too? It's the popcorn and pop that kill you.

Costco.ca doesn't require a membership as far as I know, but I have one so i've never tried without it.

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
reply to corster
I think they're marginally cheaper in-store too. There's also an Empire one in store that is about that price but comes with 2 popcorn instead of 1.

Xstar_Lumini

join:2008-12-14
Canada
kudos:2
reply to J E F F
I just noticed I have "air miles" in my BMO MasterCard... I have never claimed them, I have 7 years using the card to buy gas every week (around $80 week gas guaranteed).... does anyone knows if I got these air miles points in my card and if they expire every year? How many points do I have to have to get a free airline ticket (worth around $700)?

Why have I not being told or sent a report how many air miles I got by BMO?

TLS2000
Crazy Canuck
Premium
join:2004-02-24
Mississauga, ON
I believe you need an active Air Miles account for them to give you those awards. If you don't have one, you won't get them.
--
Tom

corster
Premium
Gatineau, QC
said by TLS2000:

I believe you need an active Air Miles account for them to give you those awards. If you don't have one, you won't get them.

BMO should have opened an Air Miles account at the time the card was opened.

TLS2000
Crazy Canuck
Premium
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed
said by corster:

Should Shell open an Air Miles account for you when you go there without an Air Miles card? Should Metro or Safeway automatically open an account for you?

When you sign up for the BMO Air Miles accounts they ask you for your Air Miles account number (it's in the paperwork). If you don't provide it to them, then you make the choice of not accepting the Air Miles.

It's a small thing called personal responsibility.

corster
Premium
Gatineau, QC
said by TLS2000:

said by corster:

Should Shell open an Air Miles account for you when you go there without an Air Miles card? Should Metro or Safeway automatically open an account for you?

When you sign up for the BMO Air Miles accounts they ask you for your Air Miles account number (it's in the paperwork). If you don't provide it to them, then you make the choice of not accepting the Air Miles.

Doesn't matter what Shell, Metro, or Safeway do.

The BMO application form specifically says "Please enter your AIR MILES Collector Number, so that we may credit your account. If left blank, we will assign a Collector Number upon approval of your application."

It's part of BMO's procedures to open an Air Miles account for applicants without one - In fact, most banking products and credit cards that are linked to outside points programs will do the same.

TLS2000
Crazy Canuck
Premium
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed
Link? That was not on any application that I've ever filled out with BMO. All they've ever asked is the collector number.

I just went through the process of setting up a new bank account online to verify and there is nothing saying they'll assign you a new collector number. I didn't complete the application though.
--
Tom

corster
Premium
Gatineau, QC
said by TLS2000:

Link? That was not on any application that I've ever filled out with BMO. All they've ever asked is the collector number.

I just went through the process of setting up a new bank account online to verify and there is nothing saying they'll assign you a new collector number. I didn't complete the application though.

It's on the paper application for the Air Miles credit card. It also shows on the online one if you click on the (?) symbol next to AIR MILES Collector Number.