Keoway
Premium Member
join:2009-08-29
Seneca, SC

Keoway to StillLearn

Premium Member

to StillLearn

Re: High Speed Internet Equipment Fee 2.00

As mentioned in the forum, the U-verse 2Wire Residential Gateway, associated with the U-verse IPTV/VOIP/broadband product, is not customer owned equipment.

See this FAQ
»IP-DSLAM FAQ

StillLearn
Premium Member
join:2002-03-21
Streamwood, IL

StillLearn

Premium Member

said by Keoway:

As mentioned in the forum, the U-verse 2Wire Residential Gateway, associated with the U-verse IPTV/VOIP/broadband product, is not customer owned equipment.

See this FAQ
»IP-DSLAM FAQ

Thanks. According to that, IP-DSLAM (AKA U-Verse HSI) is a newer service. I had inferred the opposite somehow. However my new U-verse internet-only install uses a VRAD although the 2wire 3801 box has taped-over TV and phone ports. So what is my service called? I presume there is no FAQ for that. What percentage of U-verse Internet subscribers on DSLR are IP-DSLAM vs VRAD users? Anyway, I don't own the modem (AKA RG) it would seem.

Tech007
Premium Member
join:2013-01-25
Belleville, IL

Tech007

Premium Member

you are on Uverse Internet Hisa only but on the vdsl platform vs the Uverse Hisa on IPDSL platform. The are both standalone hisa just you get them via different equipment.

Was your installed by a tech, or was it a self-install?

StillLearn
Premium Member
join:2002-03-21
Streamwood, IL

StillLearn

Premium Member

said by Tech007:

you are on Uverse Internet Hisa only but on the vdsl platform vs the Uverse Hisa on IPDSL platform. The are both standalone hisa just you get them via different equipment.

Was your installed by a tech, or was it a self-install?

Tech install.

So it seems we could call the two versions IP-DSLAM U-verse Internet and VDSL U-verse Internet. Do you have a feel for the approximate ratio of users of these two?

Jimmy Mack
@sbcglobal.net

Jimmy Mack

Anon

Same here...just got my bill and it now has the $2 equipment fee. I have been a Uverse customer since January 27, 2010. I only have internet service. I have never had the television service, just internet. Prior to upgrading to Uverse in 2010, I was an ATT DSL customer continuously since August 11, 1999. I keep good records of things like that. I have never ever been late with a payment and in fact, I always pay it at least two weeks ahead of the due date. Is there any way they might be persuaded to remove that recurring charge from my bill permanently since they presumably would want to keep me as a long term loyal customer. Any way around this? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

--Jim

Tech007
Premium Member
join:2013-01-25
Belleville, IL

Tech007 to StillLearn

Premium Member

to StillLearn
I'd say its 60% vdsl and 40% ipdsl but it could be more for ipdsl. There are areas where vdsl is available and if you only order hisa you will get ipdsl so they can save the vdsl ports for cx who buy the tv service as well as hisa

Mangix
join:2012-02-16
united state

Mangix to Jimmy Mack

to Jimmy Mack
get a 3600 HG-V. I have one and no mothly fees.

Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
join:2008-09-02
united state

2 recommendations

Metatron2008

Premium Member

shouldn't this be a 'low speed internet equipment fee'?