Premium
join:2009-09-18
Weaverville, NC
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Charter

1 edit
reply to signmeuptoo

Re: Laptop, who here has knowledge and experience?

Personally I don't plan on buying anything but Acer for the foreseeable future. I bought my first one in 2005 and used until 2010 at which time I upgraded to the one I have now. The original purchase was a 1.6ghz Turion Acer Aspire 5000 series with 1GB Ram and Windows XP, the only thing I have done to this was upgrade to 2GB ram in that entire time. That laptop ran BIONC 24/7 365 until about three months ago when I gave it to my sister-in-law. She uses it daily with no issues whatsoever.

The one I have now is another Aspire, this one is a 7000 series with an AMD 2.1ghz N950 Phenom quad-core, that came stock with 4GB ram I think. I have since upgraded this one to a 128GB SSD and 12GB ram (out of want not necessity). This computer has ran BIONC since day one 24/7 365 in addition to doing video conversion, HTPC duty and all around use. Neither have any issues whatsoever. My next one will likely be an Aspire of current model with an Intel I7 if I get another laptop at all.

I realize this is all anecdotal but it is my experience. I helped a friend pick out a different 7000 series Aspire with an I5 and he has had no issues that I know either.

If I were buying one for myself from your link there it would be this one:
»www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a···34215662

--
malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium

Cancer Cures Are Just A Crunch Away