join:2006-01-11
Beverly Hills, CA

2 recommendations

XXXXXXXXXXX1 to Asiabound

Premium Member

to Asiabound

Re: Generator Time!!!

said by Asiabound:

This storm is going to be a great test for your machine.

Here it is:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· 7F0gNzxo

I am so done with snow. It was awesome until I realized I had 5 FOOT drifts to deal with on the steep part of my driveway. Nevertheless, Incredible that I never got stuck after all that.. and I had no wheel weights, no chains, and no tire ballast. It slipped a few times while trying to get those ridiculous drifts... Amazing that it only slipped those couple of times really...
ame101
join:2002-05-02
Torrington, CT

ame101

Jon5
Premium Member
join:2001-01-20
Lisle, IL

1 recommendation

Jon5 to XXXXXXXXXXX1

Premium Member

to XXXXXXXXXXX1
I watched that whole video. It was oddly mesmerizing. That sucks though. I think I got maybe an inch and it pretty much melted off my driveway today. My snow blower is still buried in the back of my garage. Supposed to be in the 40's tomorrow so we've been lucky.
XXXXXXXXXXX1
Premium Member
Beverly Hills, CA

1 recommendation

XXXXXXXXXXX1

Premium Member

said by Jon5:

I watched that whole video. It was oddly mesmerizing.

Thanks! I didn't intend for it to mesmerize.. but I'm glad you enjoyed it. I enjoyed making it... for a while... and then it got old.

alkizmo
join:2007-06-25
Pierrefonds, QC

alkizmo to XXXXXXXXXXX1

to XXXXXXXXXXX1
said by XXXXXXXXXXX1:

I am so done with snow. It was awesome until I realized I had 5 FOOT drifts to deal with

HAHA! I know the "feel" bro!
I used to be all excited about using my snow blower until we got our Nor'easter in December.

What's with the black bars shaking up&down your video?
XXXXXXXXXXX1
Premium Member
Beverly Hills, CA

XXXXXXXXXXX1

Premium Member

said by alkizmo:

I let YouTube "fix" the shakiness of my video. That was the result. I'm having it rerendered to remove that "fix" as it just looks like hell with those moving black bars.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT

Subaru

Premium Member

said by XXXXXXXXXXX1:

said by alkizmo:

I let YouTube "fix" the shakiness of my video. That was the result. I'm having it rerendered to remove that "fix" as it just looks like hell with those moving black bars.

That youtube feature sucks it does more harm then good.
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4 to alkizmo

to alkizmo
said by alkizmo:

I used to be all excited about using my snow blower until we got our Nor'easter in December.

You mean the whole 18 inches?? That's nothing. You Montrealers don't know real snow.

alkizmo
join:2007-06-25
Pierrefonds, QC

alkizmo

said by Bob4:

You mean the whole 18 inches?? That's nothing. You Montrealers don't know real snow.

Snow drifts making banks over 2-3 feet.
City plow locking me in twice in a row.
Point is: It's no fun.

And I'm sorry Bob, but I don't see how New Jersey gets much more snow on average.
XXXXXXXXXXX1
Premium Member
Beverly Hills, CA

XXXXXXXXXXX1

Premium Member

said by alkizmo:

I would have gladly taken 2-3 foot drifts over the 5 footers I just had to deal with.
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4 to alkizmo

to alkizmo
My point is that your all-time record-setting Nor'easter in December was no big deal.

The Burbs
@videotron.ca

The Burbs to alkizmo

Anon

to alkizmo
said by alkizmo:

said by Bob4:

City plow locking me in twice in a row.
Point is: It's no fun.

And I'm sorry Bob, but I don't see how New Jersey gets much more snow on average.

Depends where you were. Montreal got over 50-cm (~20 inches) while area's like where I am got over 30 inches from the same storm (spread over 4 days).

The banks all around me around are about 7.5 feet high. I wish I had 2-3' snow banks. But at least it wasn't -40C when I had to shovel. Was only -27C, *phew*. That -40 stings.

BTW, schools didn't close here. Ontario closes their schools for 10cm.