spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

TherapyChick

join:2003-09-19
Fayetteville, NC

Anyone use Adsense here? When do you get paid?

Click for full size
adsense
I started using Adsense on one of my websites a couple months ago and have been making over $125.00/month.

So I thought after you had at least $100 they'd pay you at the end of the month. Well I have a few hundred now, and I was thinking the first of Feb I'd get a direct deposit, but I haven't gotten anything.

All my bank info and address has been entered correctly, I tripled checked that.

Anyone here use Adsense know when you get paid or how that works?

Thanks.

(and I'm kicking myself for not having Adsense on my sites the past 13 years... coulda probably had a lot of money over the years!)

Edit: I know a $100 or so isn't a "lot", or enough to live on anyway, I have a regular job this is just extra so it'll be nice to have a few more dollars coming in.

--
Therapy Chicks

cdru
Go Colts
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:7
From here, it looks like once the payment threshold (whatever that is for your account) has been met by the end of the month, and everything that's filled out that's required (name, address, tax info if required, etc), then you'd get your money towards the end of the NEXT month.

Have you verified your address and submitted your tax information? Those thresholds occur at $10 while payment is at $100.

TherapyChick

Fayetteville, NC
I've met the thresholds, have all my bank, tax, and other info all entered.

Maybe it is the whole NEXT month thing, so I guess I'll just wait till March and see what happens.
--
Therapy Chicks

GeekNJ
Premium
join:2000-09-23
Waldwick, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Verizon FiOS
reply to TherapyChick
It looks like you didn't hit $100 in Dec and made $94.09. So that first month you didn't hit the threshold. In Jan you made $127.14 which means you now have $221.23.

My payments are about the 22nd of the month so if it was me, I'd expect a payment within a few days of Feb 22nd.
--
Tweaked your connection? | Mail Parse | Speed Converter

TherapyChick

Fayetteville, NC
OK great. Do you know if the 22nd is the normal payment date, or is that just you? Seems like an odd day of the month to make a payment.

And I've got a few other websites, I just have Adsense on one of them now, but there's no problem with using my one publisher ID on multiple sites, right? Just checking.
--
Therapy Chicks

GeekNJ
Premium
Waldwick, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Verizon FiOS

1 edit
said by TherapyChick:

OK great. Do you know if the 22nd is the normal payment date, or is that just you? Seems like an odd day of the month to make a payment.

It is for everyone. See the payment timeline info @ »support.google.com/adsense/bin/a···=1316933

said by TherapyChick:

And I've got a few other websites, I just have Adsense on one of them now, but there's no problem with using my one publisher ID on multiple sites, right? Just checking.

No problem using that id on as many websites as you want. You might want to look at Adsense Channels so you can distinguish what sites or portions of sites are generating the most revenue. You don't have to use channels but you might find it interesting. See »support.google.com/adsense/bin/a···138&rd=1 and »adsense.blogspot.com/2009/11/dee···els.html
--

TherapyChick

Fayetteville, NC
Thanks for the info. I have been reading and watching some of the Adsense videos too. Inititally I thought "hey, why not sign up for Adsense and check it out", so got my pub ID and popped it on a site I had.

And then I checked it a few weeks later to my surprise I started making a few bucks pretty quick, so now I'm taking it a bit more serious to see better the ins and outs of how it works and how maybe I can make some more serious cash off it.

Sounds like you're pretty familiar with it, do you have any suggestions and are you making steady money with it? Some days I make 25 cents and some days I'll make $16.00...
--
Therapy Chicks

GeekNJ
Premium
Waldwick, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Verizon FiOS
My activity covers my web hosting and a bit more so I'm not making too much on it. You will get a tax document from Google at the end of the year that you need to incorporate into your taxes as income.

The more popular your pages are, the more ads will be served. A clicked ad gets anywhere from 0.01 to over a 1.00. You don't get to control much in the way of ads or how much you get per click. My small sites range from a $1/day to over $10/day and it varies every day with my monthly average just over $100. Since my page views are rather consistent, it's more the ads that were served and the site visitors willingness to click on those ads that determines my take.

You need to find a balance with the placement and number/style of ads you place on your site without annoying your site visitors. Having a popular and relevant site is most important since if you aren't receiving traffic, nothing else matters. There are articles all over the web and books written on it both from the advertiser's standpoint and the site serving the ads. I'd look online first as it seems you are for info on optimizing adsense and see if there are any hints you find useful.
--

TherapyChick

Fayetteville, NC
Thanks for the info.

My Adsense money is going into a business account, so we'll definitely count it as income.

I basically have a block ad in my sidebar, and one medium sized banner ad towards the top of the page, so I don't think it's too annoying to visitors, and with adsense of course it's none of those horrible pop-up ads or flashy banner ads.
--
Therapy Chicks

GeekNJ
Premium
Waldwick, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Verizon FiOS
reply to TherapyChick
Check your adsense page and it should show your payment was today and is in process.

This link might get you directly to the payment page.
»www.google.com/adsense/v3/app#payments3

TherapyChick

Fayetteville, NC
Click for full size
adsense
Yep, I was actually about to come on here and post that I had gotten a payment notification. Thanks!

I'm still making over $100.00/month so I'm happy with that. Haven't done much with it yet still, been busy with my "real" job. But this extra money will be nice too.

Edit: Oh wow that's kinda weird, I just noticed my "yesterday earning" of $5.68 was exactly what my yesterday earnings was when I originally posted. It usually varies quite a bit between $2 and $10 a day.

--
Therapy Chicks