spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

implode

join:2009-09-06
Columbia, MO

[Cable TV] Is Mediacom ever going to offer Watch ESPN access?

I know it auto detects mediacom for some games, but watchespn is blocked. I'm curious why we don't get this, and how it impacts contract negotiations internally within mediacom. Seems like since ESPN 1, 2, news, and u are networks carried by mediacom that they would offer it.

DoctorX

join:2010-08-01

Re: [Cable TV] Is Mediacom ever going to offer Watch ESPN access

this....
mediacomchad?

hullcorey7

join:2009-06-16
Valdosta, GA
reply to implode
Click for full size
mediacom espn
I would agree it would be great if mediacom actually provided the services they say they do on their website.

tdawg

join:2012-01-09
Des Moines, IA
correction they do provide "WatchESPN" its just ESPN3 so they do offer what they say on their website notice the website doesnt say ESPN 1 or 2 i would guess Mediacom will eventually rollout WatchESPN but if its like HBOGO you will also have to subscribe to Cable TV i tried to get hbogo when it first came out but they knew that i was not subscribing to cable so i could not use it

ZC_217

join:2010-02-07
Des Moines, IA
reply to hullcorey7
ESPN3 and WatchESPN are NOT the same product. ESPN3 is desktop only on certain games. WatchESPN is desktop AND mobile of the prime time games. I have seen many games that are available on WatchESPN but not available on ESPN3.

As most know, ESPN demands very high fees for carrying their channels in the first place, and I'm sure that they are using WatchESPN as leverage to get even more money which would in turn raise rates which most people would agree they are pretty high as it is.

I would like to see a system that only people that sign up for WatchESPN would be charged the fees associated with it. But that's not the way the cable world works at this time. But we can dream

implode

Columbia, MO
reply to implode
One of the problems with ESPN 3 service is that in order to promote watchespn, they are constantly removing features from ESPN3 service...they will black out 3 programmings and move it over to watch espn. This is probably a never ending cycle. As they can always start a new website and move programming, then use it to leverage more money. As a consumer I'm left holding the bag on cable payments. I'm always losing out what I thought I was paying for in the first place. Then the cable company is in awkward place of consumer advocate.

I really would be a lot happier with old espn3 website that actually worked...

garn91

join:2005-01-15
Ankeny, IA
reply to ZC_217
said by ZC_217:

ESPN3 and WatchESPN are NOT the same product. ESPN3 is desktop only on certain games. WatchESPN is desktop AND mobile of the prime time games. I have seen many games that are available on WatchESPN but not available on ESPN3.

As most know, ESPN demands very high fees for carrying their channels in the first place, and I'm sure that they are using WatchESPN as leverage to get even more money which would in turn raise rates which most people would agree they are pretty high as it is.

I would like to see a system that only people that sign up for WatchESPN would be charged the fees associated with it. But that's not the way the cable world works at this time. But we can dream

If the trend across the country is an indication, the next time Mediacom and ESPN needs a new carriage agreement, Watch ESPN and Longhorn Network will be part of the negotiations.

tdawg

join:2012-01-09
Des Moines, IA
reply to implode
i agree with you i tried to watch the witchita state game since i from kannsas (Go kstate) and it was blacked out i was pretty mad

implode

Columbia, MO
reply to garn91
Think Longhorn Network is pretty worthless, almost no one gives a flip about texas sports.