spc
Search similar:

uniqs
ddeerrff
join:2002-08-30
Brookfield, WI

ddeerrff

[VoIP] Phone service 'Selective Call Blocking'

Not having much luck trying to search the forums....

I've got TWC phone services and am starting to use the 'Selective Call Blocking'. I seem to remember reading in here a while back that it was possible to enter wild cards in the list - e.g. to block all calls from area code 212 one could enter 212*. Is that possible? Doesn't seem to work for me.

In addition, we keep getting a call that is shown on the caller ID as coming from 000-000-0000. 'Selective Call Blocking' doesn't want to accept that number, telling me it is an invalid phone number. If it is invalid, why does caller ID post it to my TV screen?

AMDUSER
Premium Member
join:2003-05-28
Earth,
ARRIS CM8200
ARRIS SB6183

AMDUSER

Premium Member

Try posting this in Time Warner Cable direct... »/fo ··· erdirect

Go ahead an post your name, complete address, phone number, and the account number. Go ahead and post that a telemarketor is spoofing the caller ID with 000-000-0000 and you tried to do Selective Call Blocking - except that it will not accept the phone # because it is not a valid phone number. [Although it is not stopping the telemarketor from spoofing that caller id number.]

I agree, it should allow you to block any number...
ddeerrff
Brookfield, WI

ddeerrff

Good thought. I did post on the direct. Got a quick reply, but apparently there is no way to block that number.

ds5v50
join:2003-01-22
Fremont, OH

ds5v50

what about the wildcards?
ddeerrff
Brookfield, WI

ddeerrff

I didn't ask about the wildcards. Since I am unable to enter "*" in the number field, I assume they don't work.

ds5v50
join:2003-01-22
Fremont, OH

ds5v50

Good point.
Satch
join:2009-11-25

Satch to ddeerrff

to ddeerrff
said by ddeerrff:

Good thought. I did post on the direct. Got a quick reply, but apparently there is no way to block that number.

You have some activity in that thread. Are they helping you out? Any suggestions as to whether the 000-000-000 number may be blockable in a future software update? I would also like the ability to block more than 30 numbers in My Services Call Blocking.

Satch
ddeerrff
Brookfield, WI

ddeerrff

They were just looking for some dates/times I had received calls listed as from 000-000-0000. They indicated they would 'investigate'.
Satch
join:2009-11-25

Satch

said by ddeerrff:

They were just looking for some dates/times I had received calls listed as from 000-000-0000. They indicated they would 'investigate'.

I would recommend keeping up with that. Write down the dates and times that the OOO-OOO-OOO numbers come in. Than reply in the thread. This could come in handy for the next Digital Phone update. Digital Phone is an area, unlike the program guide, where TWC has done well.

Satch
ddeerrff
Brookfield, WI

ddeerrff

Apparently, they were able to manually enter the 000 number into my block list. It doesn't show up in myservices, but they assure me it is in there.

AMDUSER
Premium Member
join:2003-05-28
Earth,

AMDUSER

Premium Member

I'm glad to hear that it worked out.. they may have had to override the computer to force it to accept it.