Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast
reply to dcurrey

Re: Toilet Replacement (Dual Flush questions/coments)

The dual flush is only worthwhile if you are on city (metered) water. We have high water rates so we try to conserve. The landlord pays the water (state code mandate) but we try to conserve as high water bills mean higher rents.

The neighbors in the other unit had a kiddie pool (without LL permission), and they added $300 to the water bill. I have a portable dishwasher so the amount of water used to do dishes is fixed. We take showers instead of baths and my washer is a high efficiency.

If I had to replace a toilet, I would probably put in a dual flush to keep the LL's water costs down to prevent rent increases. We get a discount on rent to do basic maintenance (like clearing the snow and ice, mowing the lawn, and light repair work).

I would also install an ADA chair height toilet for when grandma comes over because she has a hip replacement.

--
I've experienced ImOn (when they were McLeod USA), Mediacom, Comcast, and Time Warner. They are much better than broadcast TV.

I have not and will not cut the cord.

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
kudos:1

1 recommendation

I have used those higher up toilets(I think that is the ADA ones that sit higher than a normal throne to make it less effort to stand fully up again.), And even as someone with no medical issues I like them more. Precisely because it is like sitting on a chair.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports