Getting Freaky With It
Premium Member
join:2003-02-16
Sedro Woolley, WA

cyrus360 to BKayrac

Premium Member

to BKayrac

Re: Path of Exile

I am still lost when it comes to what loot to look for. I know the red-green-blue connected ones are good to trade into the merchants for chromatic orbs. I know that the 5 and 6 slot stuff can be good. Like today I got a set of yellow boots that are r-g-b linked. Should I sell them, identify them, etc? I just don't know.

I get yellows and blues aplenty but don't exactly get whats good other than for my own Ranger class. I don't know if it's worth identifying them before selling them or sell them as is.

I tried to read some stuff on it but most of the stuff I don't quite get yet since I am not well versed in the games and all the terminology, etc.

Any suggestions at all?

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

I've been selling most everything I get my hands on and stock piling the mats for later. I've gotten a few blues and yellow pieces of gear that I identified, and they turned out to be awesome stats.

Most of the named NPCs and bosses will drop some rare gear you can use.

Or, if you want to upgrade a white quality piece of gear using your crafting mats, have at it. I just wouldn't recommend doing that, at least at lower levels.

DasGoat
@sbcglobal.net

DasGoat to cyrus360

Anon

to cyrus360
Don't waste your scrolls of wisdom on identifying blues, save them for yellows and above.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

said by DasGoat :

Don't waste your scrolls of wisdom on identifying blues, save them for yellows and above.

The only Blue quality item you might want to take a chance with identifying is one with 4 linked sockets, or something a long those lines.

Usually I don't bother with most Blue items at all, they just get vendored. But there is the occasional one that might be worth it.

I've had some really good luck lately identifying rare items.

Savious
Premium Member
join:2012-03-05
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

What level you at now Ghastly? My witch killed Vall last night, I think I made it to 28.

Im running an Elemental Equilibrium build, fire/ice. Going to work on cast speed now.

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic to DasGoat

Premium Member

to DasGoat
said by DasGoat :

IDK about that. If the base stats are decent and there's a chance I can use it, I'm going to identify it. It's not like scrolls of wisdom are rare; I'm keeping one stack in my inventory and extra stacks in my stash. I have been identifying blues I think I can use and most yellows and have around 70 total (40 in stash, 30 in inventory). I'm only level 26.

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

Yea, Im short on TP scrolls, but Wisdom i have coming out my ass!

I only pick up and id blues i can use.
primeomega
join:2004-03-11
De Pere, WI

1 recommendation

primeomega to cyrus360

to cyrus360
said by cyrus360:

I am still lost when it comes to what loot to look for. I know the red-green-blue connected ones are good to trade into the merchants for chromatic orbs. I know that the 5 and 6 slot stuff can be good. Like today I got a set of yellow boots that are r-g-b linked. Should I sell them, identify them, etc? I just don't know.

I get yellows and blues aplenty but don't exactly get whats good other than for my own Ranger class. I don't know if it's worth identifying them before selling them or sell them as is.

I tried to read some stuff on it but most of the stuff I don't quite get yet since I am not well versed in the games and all the terminology, etc.

Any suggestions at all?

What I did at first, as there is a LOT to remember when questing on what you should keep or not keep on gear:

1) Any items with a +quality on it save it. If you turn in a total of 40% you will get a Armourers Scrap (armor) or Blacksmith's Whetstone (weapon). You will use them a lot later on to make other stuff, so start early. I just use the last 2 tabs in my stash and made one for weapons and one for armor. I save white/blues.

2) Any item that you find that has a linked red, green, and blue socket pick up and turn in. You will get a Chromatic orb. Good to have.

3) Save as many yellows as you can find room for. Chaos Orbs are one of the better orbs in the game. To get them, you will need a rare on each slot turned in. Harder to get sometimes. If they are unidentified, then you will get x2 of them.

4) And my fav orb, the orb of chance. Turn in any items that are rare with the same name.

As you get more into the game, you can open up and look for other ways to get orbs with recipes. This is kind of what I did to get me to look at items and get used to names and such.

I found if you tried to learn it all right away, its just to much. Plus a lot of the items that are needed for other orbs really don't start to come around till a little later in the game.

DasGoat
@sbcglobal.net

DasGoat to Savious

Anon

to Savious
Saviouss, I didn't notice at first but you can buy TP scrolls from vendors.

Koil
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

Koil to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious
said by Savious:

Yea, Im short on TP scrolls, but Wisdom i have coming out my ass!

I only pick up and id blues i can use.

Go to vendor
Sell Wisdom Scroll
Get TP Scroll

and vice versa...

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

waaaaaaaaaat!!

Koil
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

Koil

Premium Member

said by Savious:

waaaaaaaaaat!!

YAHERRRRRRDMEH

Savious
Premium Member
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

said by Koil:

said by Savious:

waaaaaaaaaat!!

YAHERRRRRRDMEH

This information. It is... life changing.
Coolbrz
join:2002-12-16
Kane, PA

Coolbrz to primeomega

to primeomega
said by primeomega:

said by cyrus360:

Any suggestions at all?

What I did at first, as there is a LOT to remember when questing on what you should keep or not keep on gear:

1) Any items with a +quality on it save it. If you turn in a total of 40% you will get a Armourers Scrap (armor) or Blacksmith's Whetstone (weapon). You will use them a lot later on to make other stuff, so start early. I just use the last 2 tabs in my stash and made one for weapons and one for armor. I save white/blues.

2) Any item that you find that has a linked red, green, and blue socket pick up and turn in. You will get a Chromatic orb. Good to have.

3) Save as many yellows as you can find room for. Chaos Orbs are one of the better orbs in the game. To get them, you will need a rare on each slot turned in. Harder to get sometimes. If they are unidentified, then you will get x2 of them.

4) And my fav orb, the orb of chance. Turn in any items that are rare with the same name.

As you get more into the game, you can open up and look for other ways to get orbs with recipes. This is kind of what I did to get me to look at items and get used to names and such.

I found if you tried to learn it all right away, its just to much. Plus a lot of the items that are needed for other orbs really don't start to come around till a little later in the game.

Also to add on to this, flasks work the same way, if you trade in flasks that equal 40% quality, you get a glass blower bauble.

This is a good site to reference,

»en.pathofexilewiki.com/w ··· _Recipes

As for the thought of never identifying blues...well, i identify to see the stats in hopes i can get shards, as once you get to Act 3 and complete some quests, the vendor will be available and you can purchase higher orbs.

IE. 2x orbs of alteration = 1 jeweler orb
4x Jeweler orb = 1 Orb of fusing.