Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

quickbeam
Premium
join:2003-06-01
reply to Pesterd

Re: Bell now giving unlimited usage

This is a brilliant move by Bell. It forces Rogers hand to either NOT offer it OR offer it. They couldn't have released this at a better time.

If Rogers does offer it they may have to re-introduce traffic management which would make them look worse than they already do, Rogers just finished removing it at the start of 2013. I don't think Rogers network could handle unlimited with some kind of negative impact to the network.

If they don't offer it people with start moving to bell for more reasons than just promo flipping. Bell already offers a far superior Set top box with their fibe service, the guide is much faster. Bell is a little cheaper when off promotion. Now they are rolling out this unlimited internet...Rogers better wake up.

BliZZardX
Premium
join:2002-08-18
Toronto, ON

As long as Fibe TV requires a 2 year contract, I am not interested. However, the $30 unlimited bandwidth option for internet is clever. Don't forget to buy the add-on though, the max overage charge with no add-on is still $80.

Dunlop

join:2011-07-13
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Bell Fibe
·ELECTRONICBOX

said by BliZZardX:

As long as Fibe TV requires a 2 year contract, I am not interested. However, the $30 unlimited bandwidth option for internet is clever. Don't forget to buy the add-on though, the max overage charge with no add-on is still $80.

I was not obligated to any contract, I signed up the first week of January. Free PVR for 3 years and then I own it and $5 (and change) a month for my extra STB and after 3 years I own it.

I'm in Quebec though

I was a proud Bell hater but I have to say outside of the obvious fact that I am paying more for my internet the installation process (I was Videotron for TV, ElectronicBox for internet) and service when you call the FibeTV number has been fantastic

color me surprised

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4
reply to BliZZardX

said by BliZZardX:

I recently contemplated a switch to Fibe TV. Was told you can take it without a contract, but the install fee was outrageous.

mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
Premium,MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON

said by yyzlhr:

I recently contemplated a switch to Fibe TV. Was told you can take it without a contract, but the install fee was outrageous.

I am seriously contemplating switching to Fibe TV .... so I am curious to know how outrageous the install fee they quoted you?

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4

said by mozerd:

said by yyzlhr:

I am seriously contemplating switching to Fibe TV .... so I am curious to know how outrageous the install fee they quoted you?

About $250.

BliZZardX
Premium
join:2002-08-18
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile

1 edit
reply to mozerd

In Ontario, it's:
- $49.95 install fee with 2 year contract
- $249.95 install fee with no contract

Quebec is the only province with à-la-carte programming. Also they still require you to take Internet service (no standalone option for IPTV).