uniqs

Msradell
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
Louisville, KY

Msradell

Premium Member

[IE] IE9 no longer changing highlighting color for links

IE9 used to change the color of links after they had been read. Somebody that has stopped happening even though I haven't made any changes in the settings. What do I need to change in settings to get this working correctly again? I'm using windows 7x64, if that matters any.

Dustyn
Premium Member
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN

Dustyn

Premium Member

Internet Options -> Appearance -> Colors

Is this affecting all sites or just at DSLR?
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

1 edit

19579823 (banned) to Msradell

to Msradell

This has to do with cookies and i verified it by deleting the cookie DSLR sent to my browser and re-loaded the page.. NO THREADS WERE A DIFFERENT COLOUR! (Im on IE6)

I wonder if your IE9 is blocking cookies all of a sudden?

Msradell
Premium Member
Louisville, KY

Msradell

Premium Member

Re: [IE] IE9 no longer changing highlighting color for links

The colors are set to be different after the site is visited and cookies are turned on. This just heard happening on all sites. Restarting and rebooting didn't change anything.

Dustyn
Premium Member
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
·Carry Telecom
·TekSavvy Cable
Asus GT-AX11000
Technicolor TC4400

Dustyn

Premium Member

Click for full size
Hmmm... with the option I provided in my first reply... this is what I see after clicking 2 results in a Google.com search in IE9.
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

4 edits

19579823 (banned)

When i went to »search.yahoo.com and searched "Madonna" and i clicked a couple results they opened in a new tab AND THE ENTRIES I CLICKED WERE A DIFFERENT COLOUR ON YAHOO's PAGE as well...

Same thing on bing........ (But if i clear cookies,none of the links on any of those sites will be a different color (It would be like I hadnt clicked them before))
OZO
Premium Member
join:2003-01-17

OZO to Msradell

Premium Member

to Msradell

Re: [IE] IE9 no longer changing highlighting color for links

When browser "visits" (downloads) a page, it puts it into its temporary cache. Links to pages located in the cache has different property - they are marked as 'visited' and color changes accordingly to that property. After you've purged the cache, those pages (obviously) become "not-visited" and links to them indicate that.

In short, check how you use the browser's cache...

GGrotyohann
Premium Member
join:2002-02-17
Kitty Hawk, NC

GGrotyohann to Msradell

Premium Member

to Msradell
I've had the same problem. The only I've been able to fix it is by deleting History from IE9.

Msradell
Premium Member
Louisville, KY

Msradell

Premium Member

said by GGrotyohann:

I've had the same problem. The only I've been able to fix it is by deleting History from IE9.

Thanks, that took care of it! Who would have guessed?