Re: Special Weather Statement for Ontario

It's snowing in Ottawa.

dirtyjeffer
Anons on ignore, but not due to fear.
Premium
join:2002-02-21
London, ON
reply to Gone
FWIW, it was +3 this morning in London...no freezing rain here.

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
said by dirtyjeffer:

FWIW, it was +3 this morning in London...no freezing rain here.

There was still sufficient chance of it happening overnight for EC to issue a warning, though. I was actually quite surprised that it extended as far south as it did.

They didn't issue a warning for Toronto and the west-end of the GTA, just an SWS.

Kardinal
Dei Gratia Regina
Premium,Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Bell Sympatico
reply to J E F F
It's still -6C here (rising slowly since early this morning), but we still have snow coming down, not freezing rain. There is still a warning in effect for freezing rain this afternoon and evening, as the temperature is forecast to stay right around the freezing mark until some time tomorrow.
--
All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer by the stars
All of us do time in the gutter, dreamers turn to look at the cars

- Peart / Lifeson / Lee
Join Team Helix

digitalfutur
Sees More Than Shown
Premium
join:2000-07-15
BurlingtonON
kudos:2

1 edit
reply to Gone
I didn't say EC was wrong to issue the warning, I'm saying the freezing rain didn't happen in the entire geographic area covered by the warnings. Temps were above freezing from a line extending South from just North of the 401, and SW all the way to Windsor.. Areas North of that line may have experienced mixed precip, as I posted originally.
--
Logic requires one to deal with decisions that one's ego will not permit.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing - Edmund Burke.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON
kudos:2
reply to J E F F
Snow flurries now in Owen Sound.

Robrr

join:2008-04-19
Guelph, ON
reply to digitalfutur
said by digitalfutur:

I didn't say EC was wrong to issue the warning, I'm saying the freezing rain didn't happen in the entire geographic area covered by the warnings. Temps were above freezing from a line extending South from just North of the 401, and SW all the way to Windsor.. Areas North of that line may have experienced mixed precip, as I posted originally.

There was some freezing rain to some extent in Mississauga because the roads were iced this morning on the way into work. Some poor lady in front of me lost control when stopping at an intersection. Luckily everyone was on the ball and she just spun into the intersection without hitting anyone.

Wolfie00
My dog is an elitist
Premium
join:2005-03-12
kudos:8
reply to DKS
said by DKS:

Snow flurries now in Owen Sound.

You love snow. I love seeing it melt. Everybody's happy!