Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT

Subaru

Premium Member

A air tool I love!

How did I ever work without one? I picked up my first air stapler.. I assume arrow T50 staples are 100 per staple pack I pretty much fired them all off in about 3 min, I need it for a upcoming project I will be working on with some 1x8 lumber.

I was running at 60 psi, are wood dents from the driver unavoidable or should I lower the pressure a bit more?

youngerberry
MVM
join:2001-08-13
Shreveport, LA

youngerberry

MVM

When I was replacing some ceiling tiles I bought an electric stapler and man was that thing great! I can't imagine doing all those tiles with a manual stapler. Air sounds even better. If I had to do a lot more stapling I would look into that.
Expand your moderator at work

John97
Over The Hills And Far Away
Premium Member
join:2000-11-14
Spring Hill, FL

John97 to Subaru

Premium Member

to Subaru

Re: A air tool I love!

I just picked up a pneumatic 18 gauge brad nailer this week. I had to install baseboard trim in a room that didn't have any. I can't believe I got done so fast.

After finishing up, I actually went around the house and tacked down a bunch of existing trim that was loose.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
Greenwich, CT

Subaru

Premium Member

said by John97:

I just picked up a pneumatic 18 gauge brad nailer this week. I had to install baseboard trim in a room that didn't have any. I can't believe I got done so fast.

After finishing up, I actually went around the house and tacked down a bunch of existing trim that was loose.

yeah I have a brad nailer but no nails for it to try it out.

shdesigns
Powered By Infinite Improbabilty Drive
Premium Member
join:2000-12-01
Stone Mountain, GA
(Software) pfSense
ARRIS SB6121

shdesigns to Subaru

Premium Member

to Subaru
Which stapler did you get?

I have looked at some but they all used narrow staples.

I have a finish nailer; makes things alot easier especially when thigs are to delicate to pound on.

Yes, adjust the pressure to set the force if the gun does not have its own adjustment.

battleop
join:2005-09-28

battleop to Subaru

to Subaru
It can be done but it will take trial and error. You need to adjust the air pressure until you get the results you are looking for. Different woods will take different pressures so you may have to adjust the pressure if you change to another type of wood.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
Greenwich, CT

Subaru to shdesigns

Premium Member

to shdesigns
Picked up this one here on Thursday

»www.amazon.com/Surebonde ··· _pr_pb_t

One thing I can't figure out is it has an air leak near the front.. I will have to look at the manual to see if it's a gasket issue.

Reason why I got this one is because the other gun I have I noticed (my fault for not checking in store) 5/8" staples which are too big for 1x8 wood so I picked this one up because I can use 1/4" 6 mm staples.

shdesigns
Powered By Infinite Improbabilty Drive
Premium Member
join:2000-12-01
Stone Mountain, GA

1 recommendation

shdesigns

Premium Member

Ok, I may pick one up.

BTW, T50 staples come in boxes 1,250 staples in strips of 100.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
Greenwich, CT

Subaru

Premium Member

said by shdesigns:

Ok, I may pick one up.

Correct
MrFixit1
join:1999-11-26
Madison, WI

1 edit

MrFixit1 to Subaru

to Subaru
Air pressure is the only real control that you have while " in project ".
Penetration is determined by type of staple and density of what the staple is going through .If the material is 100% consistent you will get uniform results . Unfortunately wood is far from uniform , so you normally may need to "play" with the pressure .
Could you expand a little on what you mean by dents ?
Is the staple getting buried more then you want , or are you seeing dents from the nose piece ?
Forgot to mention , what you are stapling to the wood will make a big difference in settings . If it is a tough or rigid substance , you will get more consistent and better results than with a 'soft' substance .

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
Greenwich, CT

Subaru

Premium Member

It seems like it's coming from the nose piece..

As for the wood I can't remember what I picked up as it was awhile ago but I know it was 2x4
MrFixit1
join:1999-11-26
Madison, WI

MrFixit1

If it seems to be from the nose piece , there are 2 main possibilities .
1 The plunger that drives the staple is projecting beyond the end of the nose piece when driving the staple . This will tend to look like a narrow straight line .Reducing air pressure may help .
2 The stapler is " bouncing " when you staple .
This will tend to look more like a dent or gouge , and if you hold the stapler to the dent, it will look like it "fits" . If this is the case, hold the stapler more firmly against the wood .This might require a hand on top of the piston area, and is more prevalent with higher air pressure .

Have you tried a test using the actual material you are going to be stapling ? Depending on the top material , may turn out not to be an issue .

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
Greenwich, CT

Subaru

Premium Member

the wood piece I will be using is the same wood piece, however I will be stretching some fabric over it so it wont be much of an issue I don't think.
Subaru

2 edits

Subaru

Premium Member

Uhmm wow.. the larger stapler I have which uses 5/8" staples uses a T75 and it seem home depot does not have them.

looks like the local hardware store might have it.

Hmm I might be wrong not T75 but it needs to be a narrow crown.. between 1-5/8"
Subaru

Subaru

Premium Member

here is the gun, it's leaking around that front part.. I guess that's why they included Allen wrenches

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· youtu.be

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky
join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Draiman to Subaru

to Subaru
I've fired around 3,500 T50 staples from my wide crown pneumatic air gun for faced insulation and egg crate vents so far. I keep it at ~45 PSI so that it doesn't rip the facing/vents. Only real problems I've had is you need to oil it every 4-6 sticks of staples you fire or it starts to misfire.
Draiman

Draiman to shdesigns

to shdesigns
said by shdesigns:

Ok, I may pick one up.

Or a box of 5,000 for those of us who need a LOT!

fifty nine
join:2002-09-25
Sussex, NJ

fifty nine to Subaru

to Subaru
I have two brad nailers - a Milwaukee and a cheap Costco one. They've been useful when assembling those chipboard furniture with the thin wood backing as well as installing molding and trim. Really speeds up the job.

I use a small makita MAC2400 air compressor.
Expand your moderator at work