sunnyd71
join:2004-05-22
l7z2t4

sunnyd71 to resa1983

to resa1983

Re: CNOC speed matching decision due next week

said by resa1983:

said by Essjayess:

My understanding is Teksavvy gained access to the 32 and 75 profiles recently but it's not worth upgrading the infrastructure to offer those speeds. Reason being the move to aggregate would make that investment mostly wasted.

This. Teksavvy is already in process of figuring the schedule with Rogers to convert everything to Aggregated, and following the new Capacity Based Billing rates which should be out sometime this month, Teksavvy may be more able to afford to offer the higher speeds without going broke.

As it is now, if someone were to purchase the 150/10 package on aggregated, Teksavvy wouldn't be able to come close to matching Rogers' price for it due to the ~$1200/100mbps price on capacity.

Are we sure the CBB pricing decision is coming this/next month? I've been looking for any indication of this and I can't find it. Can you provide more info?
resa1983
Premium Member
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON

resa1983

Premium Member

said by sunnyd71:

said by resa1983:

said by Essjayess:

My understanding is Teksavvy gained access to the 32 and 75 profiles recently but it's not worth upgrading the infrastructure to offer those speeds. Reason being the move to aggregate would make that investment mostly wasted.

This. Teksavvy is already in process of figuring the schedule with Rogers to convert everything to Aggregated, and following the new Capacity Based Billing rates which should be out sometime this month, Teksavvy may be more able to afford to offer the higher speeds without going broke.

As it is now, if someone were to purchase the 150/10 package on aggregated, Teksavvy wouldn't be able to come close to matching Rogers' price for it due to the ~$1200/100mbps price on capacity.

Are we sure the CBB pricing decision is coming this/next month? I've been looking for any indication of this and I can't find it. Can you provide more info?

Just rumours.
Nothing this upcoming week because of the wireless code of conduct hearings tho.