spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Kaman

@bell.ca

[Internet] Sagemcom 2864 (BELL) wireless problem

As far as I know....Sagemcom 2864 (BELL) is wireless 300 n router (with modem)....my wireless network card is Intel wifi link 5100AGN, also should support 802.11/n 300mbps.

I put the Sagemcom 2864 and my laptop at the same level. The distance is about 3 meters. Only a sofa is placed between them. I have a NAS conneted to Sagemcom 2864 lan port 1.

When I copy files from laptop to NAS. The max wireless connection speed is about 130 mbps. The speed of coping files is about 3-4 Mbps.

Is the Sagemcom 2864 has hardware problem? Anything else I can do to improve the speed? (I have set the channel to a good one).

I really do NOT want another wireless router to let the Sagemcom 2864 works as a modem only. Too many devices and wire.

coaxguy

join:2009-07-29
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Bell Fibe
·Start Communicat..

Nothing wrong with it at all. Your simply transmitting on a 20mhz bandwidth level.

Access the modem by typing 192.168.2.1 into a web browser.

The user name and password is admin

Click on wireless on the left side then click on general near the top of the next screen.

Change the bandwidth level from auto to 40.

Keep in mind 40mhz is more susceptible to interference from other routers in your vicinity, so you may connect at 300MBPS now to your wireless network, your download speeds may be affected from the internet.

Kaman

@bell.ca

Hi coaxguy, thanks for the reply.

I did know about this.

Actually, this device is customized by bell. There is not lots of settings for wireless.

I need keep interface type as auto b/g/n, pick up a good channel, change the bandwidth level from auto to 40. Disabled the WMM. and set Transmit Power to 100%

After I done these things, I got the speed I mentions in my first post (130 mbps connection speed, and 3-4 Mbps when coping a big file)

That's the reason I ask if it's a hardware problem?

kovy

join:2009-03-26
kudos:8
reply to Kaman

said by Kaman :

As far as I know....Sagemcom 2864 (BELL) is wireless 300 n router (with modem)....my wireless network card is Intel wifi link 5100AGN, also should support 802.11/n 300mbps.

I put the Sagemcom 2864 and my laptop at the same level. The distance is about 3 meters. Only a sofa is placed between them. I have a NAS conneted to Sagemcom 2864 lan port 1.

When I copy files from laptop to NAS. The max wireless connection speed is about 130 mbps. The speed of coping files is about 3-4 Mbps.

Is the Sagemcom 2864 has hardware problem? Anything else I can do to improve the speed? (I have set the channel to a good one).

I really do NOT want another wireless router to let the Sagemcom 2864 works as a modem only. Too many devices and wire.

3 meters? Why are you not using a wire... Anyway, I don't have this problem... even on wireless. Maybe it's your NAS the problem?