Not up in Orange County, CA

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA
kudos:4
reply to HarpSupport
That page says it's not available here yet my tivo premiere does switch into 1080p while viewing now. Never did that before. Happens on all titles listed as SuperHD. My roku? No change.
Cox san diego, ca

chrisf8657

join:2002-01-27
Glendale, AZ
reply to HarpSupport
Well,

I hope Cox works it out with them. I'd certainly think it would help with bandwidth concerns and let us see some nice super-HD programming.

I'm fine either way. I want Cox to start pushing out IPV6 more...
--
~~Chris~~

Need a pro computer tech? See my profile for my website - I offer remote support services!

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Clear Wireless
·Cox HSI
·Verizon FiOS

1 edit
reply to skeechan
Just started watching The West Wing and its being pushed in SuperHD (with my TiVo); went to the Netflix SHD page and it shows my Cox franchise (OC, CA) is ready. Right on. The feed is noticeably sharper, on par with most other Cox HD channels. I only see artifacts when the background is moving very quickly (panning). Very cool.

Needleinthha

join:2009-11-30
reply to HarpSupport
Wow, available in phoenix as of today! gonna try it out...

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to HarpSupport
My tivo switches to 1080p all by itself and it's clearly better but my roku doesn't change resolutions and it looks the same. Does anybody know if the roku switch to 1080p or does it stay at the default 720p? (It's set to 1080p)
--
The day the child realizes that all adults are imperfect, he becomes an adolescent; the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult. The day he forgives himself, he becomes wise.
Alden Nowlan

krenim191

join:2001-01-23
San Diego, CA
reply to HarpSupport
It's also showing as available in San Diego and I'm getting the SuperHD logo on my AppleTV.

brian
Premium
join:2002-05-02
Lake Forest, CA
said by krenim191:

It's also showing as available in San Diego and I'm getting the SuperHD logo on my AppleTV.

It's available in Orange County too.

HarpSupport

join:2010-07-20
Manchester, CT
reply to HarpSupport
Looks like the Manchester, CT market comes out of Rhode Island (as thats where my IP geolocates to). I wonder how this will affect data caps - we'll either hit them faster, or maybe Netflix data won't count anymore? I'm sure it's the former.

BillRoland
Premium
join:2001-01-21
Ocala, FL
kudos:3
reply to HarpSupport
Your Internet Provider is ready for Super HD!

It appears its now live in the Central Florida market.

david279

join:2011-03-09
New Orleans, LA
reply to HarpSupport
Got the superhd in the Netflix app on my Google TV so that's cool. I'm in new Orleans.

floridaguy

@cox.net
reply to Foxbat121
5.8mbps is certainly not blu-ray but compared to netflix's regular HD superHD is remarkably better.

jbond026

join:2008-03-31
Council Bluffs, IA
reply to HarpSupport
Its live in Omaha now...

mr_anon_name

@cox.net
reply to HarpSupport
According to that test page, SuperHD is available in the Greater Louisiana area now.

Optimus2357
Premium
join:2010-11-21
West Warwick, RI
reply to HarpSupport
I tried out SuperHD on my PS3 last night and it looked great. My only concern is what is the MBps difference from normal HD? Also, is there anyway to turn it off? I am thinking for people close to their cap, this might put them over the top.

lilstone87

join:2009-04-09
Portsmouth, VA
said by Optimus2357:

I tried out SuperHD on my PS3 last night and it looked great. My only concern is what is the MBps difference from normal HD? Also, is there anyway to turn it off? I am thinking for people close to their cap, this might put them over the top.

Well SuperHD is still a no go here in the Hampton Roads market, as for people with bandwidth restrictions. You can always sign into your account on the netflix site, and you have 3 option's for quality. Which will lower bandwidth usage per hour, but also lower the streaming quality.

BillRoland
Premium
Ocala, FL
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
reply to HarpSupport
I don't know if its just my Bluray player or what, but since "SuperHD" went live I'm having a lot of trouble with movies freezing at some point and then the only way I can get the box to respond at all is to turn it off. Its random places, sometimes it freezes 2 minutes into something, sometimes 75 minutes into it.

Optimus2357
Premium
West Warwick, RI
Is it possible the bluray cant handle the increase in bandwidth? Does it only happen on SuperHD movies?

BillRoland
Premium
Ocala, FL
Reviews:
·Cox HSI
said by Optimus2357:

Is it possible the bluray cant handle the increase in bandwidth? Does it only happen on SuperHD movies?

Its definitely possible, and I wonder the same thing, the only thing that makes me curious is how sometimes a movie can play for over an hour before freezing. You'd think if it was a memory issue you'd see it well before then, and that it'd be fairly consistent.

I've only tried to play SuperHD movies, so I don't know if its happening on other stuff, will have to investigate.
--
Ron Paul 2012 »www.ronpaul2012.com
Beyond AM. Beyond FM. (((XM)))

dlarkin_dc

join:2009-08-24
Alexandria, VA
Reviews:
·VOIPO
·Cox HSI
reply to BillRoland
said by BillRoland:

I don't know if its just my Bluray player or what, but since "SuperHD" went live I'm having a lot of trouble with movies freezing at some point and then the only way I can get the box to respond at all is to turn it off. Its random places, sometimes it freezes 2 minutes into something, sometimes 75 minutes into it.

IMO that sounds a player firmware, or more likely, the streaming widget issue. Try asking about your model in the owners forum in... '»www.avsforum.com/f/149/blu-ray-players'
Widget patches are rolled out all the time for streaming players.

Still no Super HD in NOVA
--
Cox Preferred HSI~SB6120~Grandstream HT502~E4500
OTA (...and proud of it!)
VOIPo

Optimus2357
Premium
West Warwick, RI
reply to BillRoland
If it helps, I have a PS3 Slim hooked up wired. Watching a 1080P SuperHD movie on Netflix looks to use about 1.5MB to 1.8MBps. On the same system, watching 720P uses 500KB to 800KBps. That's a decent increase so if your bluray was wireless, you might be having throughput issues. Or the bluray player itself may be a bottleneck. Maybe try a wired connection and see if problem goes away?

ajwees41
Premium
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE
reply to lilstone87
said by lilstone87:

Hmm well that is odd, as you would think if one area of cox is working, all there market's would be green lighted for this. I know for me it's saying no, and so this may be a good topic for discussion. I don't need top quality for watching netflix, but it should be an option to me. As I am a ultimate tier customer, and 100mbps down is plenty of bandwidth speed to run multiple stream's if I want.

I bet the servers are at the cox headends

lilstone87

join:2009-04-09
Portsmouth, VA
Yeah has to be something of that kind, as some cox market's have it while some still a no go. I just hope this option becomes available in all cox market's at some point. Because it just seems a little silly to me, if only certain market's will have this available to them.