share rss forum feed

Optimus2357
Premium
join:2010-11-21
West Warwick, RI
kudos:3
reply to BillRoland

Re: [CT] Netflix SuperHD?

If it helps, I have a PS3 Slim hooked up wired. Watching a 1080P SuperHD movie on Netflix looks to use about 1.5MB to 1.8MBps. On the same system, watching 720P uses 500KB to 800KBps. That's a decent increase so if your bluray was wireless, you might be having throughput issues. Or the bluray player itself may be a bottleneck. Maybe try a wired connection and see if problem goes away?

ajwees41
Premium
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE
reply to lilstone87

said by lilstone87:

Hmm well that is odd, as you would think if one area of cox is working, all there market's would be green lighted for this. I know for me it's saying no, and so this may be a good topic for discussion. I don't need top quality for watching netflix, but it should be an option to me. As I am a ultimate tier customer, and 100mbps down is plenty of bandwidth speed to run multiple stream's if I want.

I bet the servers are at the cox headends

lilstone87

join:2009-04-09
Portsmouth, VA
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

Yeah has to be something of that kind, as some cox market's have it while some still a no go. I just hope this option becomes available in all cox market's at some point. Because it just seems a little silly to me, if only certain market's will have this available to them.