Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

gallowsroad

join:2004-08-09
Jenks, OK

1 edit

[Misc] Wrist Strap Nikon D7000 [Solved]

Just received a D7000 and am over the moon so far.

I have a camera bag, but prefer to use a wrist strap over a neck strap for the actual camera. The one I cannibalized from an old Canon P&S to use on my now old Panasonic P&S is not strong enough to support a DSLR and lens.

So I am seeking recommendations for a quality wrist strap that is not too involved - I've seen the ones with the velcro wrist cuffs and that's more than i need. I also do not want the hand straps that attach to an eyelet and the tripod mount.

i just need a reasonably strong wrist strap that will attach to my camera and rescue it if/when i somehow lose my grip.

ETA: Should have looked here first:

»www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?at···46734083

--
Ha ha haaaaaaa....ever get the feeling you've been cheated?

- John Lydon, last Sex Pistols show

rcroning
D700 Rocks
Premium
join:2005-05-21
Winnipeg, MB

gallowsroad

Jenks, OK
Thanks. More stuff to choose from.

rcroning
D700 Rocks
Premium
Winnipeg, MB
reply to gallowsroad
Sometimes there are great deals to be had on ebay.

You may also want to take a look at this. »www.blackrapid.com/ They make a great shoulder strap that keeps the camera near your hip instead of the middle of your chest. I use one and it's great. They also have some nice wrist straps that may fit the bill.

Ralph.

gallowsroad

Jenks, OK
I wound up buying this wrist strap:

»www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/8···ack.html

Thanks for the Black Rapid link - those across the body straps look really good. I'm just not a fan of neck straps, so those are a real alternative.
--
Ha ha haaaaaaa....ever get the feeling you've been cheated?

- John Lydon, last Sex Pistols show

rcroning
D700 Rocks
Premium
Winnipeg, MB
reply to gallowsroad
Good choice for your needs. Crumpler is a good brand so you'll get years of use out of it.