uniqs
share rss forum feed

lilstone87

join:2009-04-09
Portsmouth, VA
kudos:3
reply to HarpSupport

Re: [CT] Netflix SuperHD?

Hmm well that is odd, as you would think if one area of cox is working, all there market's would be green lighted for this. I know for me it's saying no, and so this may be a good topic for discussion. I don't need top quality for watching netflix, but it should be an option to me. As I am a ultimate tier customer, and 100mbps down is plenty of bandwidth speed to run multiple stream's if I want.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:12
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
·Pacific Bell - SBC
said by lilstone87:

Hmm well that is odd, as you would think if one area of cox is working, all there market's would be green lighted for this. I know for me it's saying no, and so this may be a good topic for discussion. I don't need top quality for watching netflix, but it should be an option to me. As I am a ultimate tier customer, and 100mbps down is plenty of bandwidth speed to run multiple stream's if I want.

My understanding is that the ISP provides for local placement of a Netflix server farm on the ISP transit network. I suspect that would mean Cox-Virginia and Cox-Oklahoma would have to host Netflix Open Connect on their local transit networks. The idea seems to be for the ISP customer to not leave ISP transit on the way to the Netflix streaming servers.

Trying to decide how to best test my ideas ...
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

ajwees41
Premium
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE
reply to lilstone87
said by lilstone87:

I bet the servers are at the cox headends

lilstone87

join:2009-04-09
Portsmouth, VA
kudos:3
Yeah has to be something of that kind, as some cox market's have it while some still a no go. I just hope this option becomes available in all cox market's at some point. Because it just seems a little silly to me, if only certain market's will have this available to them.