share rss forum feed

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium
join:2002-03-30
Reading, PA
kudos:1

[Exchange] EMC install issue

I'm trying to install this on Win 7 64 bit. But I'm getting these errors even though what it's erroring out on, isn't true.

-There is no reboot needed from another install.
-No where is there a place to enter in a server name. So I have no clue what it's talking about.
-It is part of an active directory.

The only thing I can think of is, that this win 7 is a virtual machine.
But I can't see how that would be a problem.

Here's a screen shot of the errors:

--
Photoshop these nuts in your mouth.

Jahntassa
What, I can have feathers
Premium
join:2006-04-14
Conway, SC
kudos:4
I can't imagine any of those issues are due to it being a virtual machine.

I don't know if there's anything in the 'click here for help' on those errors that may point you in the right direction, but i'm going to assume there's something wrong with the actual Exchange install in terms of the domain.

b_p_smith
Premium
join:2002-02-13
Merrickville, ON
reply to onebadmofo
This might help:
»www.expta.com/2009/11/fix-for-se···ror.html

And this looks potentially useful:
»forums.msexchange.org/m_18004916···00491689
--
Xplornet WiMAX -} Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH running DD-WRT -} about 13 machines running everything you can think of.

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium
Reading, PA
reply to Jahntassa
said by Jahntassa:

I can't imagine any of those issues are due to it being a virtual machine.

I don't know if there's anything in the 'click here for help' on those errors that may point you in the right direction, but i'm going to assume there's something wrong with the actual Exchange install in terms of the domain.

I forgot to mention that i did click the help link. But in true Microsoft fashion, i was shown that there was no information for that error. I can't understand how that's even possible since it's an error created by their own software.
--

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium
Reading, PA
reply to b_p_smith
I'll give those a shot on Monday. Thanks.
--

Frank_IT
Premium
join:2003-11-01
Montreal
reply to onebadmofo
I have the same issue.. Win7x64 trying to install EMC 2010, and always getting a message that a reboot is pending.. I did 10 reboot and still getting that!!
--
Rogers - iPhone 4s 32gb

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium
Reading, PA
said by Frank_IT:

I have the same issue.. Win7x64 trying to install EMC 2010, and always getting a message that a reboot is pending.. I did 10 reboot and still getting that!!

Have you tried the above linked options? If so, did they work for you?
--

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium
Reading, PA
reply to b_p_smith
The first link helped. My VM computer name did have an underscore in it. I renamed it without that and the server error was resolved.

But it was still failing on not being a part of an active directory. So I...turned off wifi, plugged in the ethernet cable and it was successful. Currently installing the features now. Hopefully it'll work once all is done.

Thanks for the help, man.
--

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium
Reading, PA
reply to onebadmofo
Ok well now I have this problem:
I had this running on a prior laptop a few months ago and nothing has changed since then. So I'm not sure on what to do here. But I'm gonna do some googling when I have time.

--

norwegian
Premium
join:2005-02-15
Outback
reply to onebadmofo

I won't begin to start to know about the software, but if you may be patient.

Corrupt install can sometimes happen with any software.
Can you pin point a moment it happened?
The laptop has only just started it?
Was it an update you didn't notice that was auto downloaded/installed?

Was any other software installed at all recently?

I just can't help think an install or new batch with a possible permissions restriction has left a mess of a basic routine. Deleting the installer file and/or re-installing sometimes helps. Stranger things have happened. But a bad installer pack can be quite a headache.

Otherwise try system restore and see if you can pick a denominator if it is reproduced, to help forwarding the question and resolution to this bug.
--
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium
Reading, PA
reply to onebadmofo
Ok after some googling i was able to find that I may have to install some SPs. So I tried exchange server 2010 SP2 and it gives me this.

I'm not sure why the language pack is "necessary" but what ever.
I gave admin rights to that folder. Not sure why it's necessary since I'm logged on as admin....but ok.

So...I'm just waiting for the next error as of now....
--

joako
Premium
join:2000-09-07
/dev/null
kudos:6
You need to be part of the domain that the exchange server is on. None of the Windows management tools be it Exchange, Windows Server, Remote Assistance let you authenticate with a username or password.
--
PRescott7-2097

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium
Reading, PA
reply to onebadmofo
It is part of the domain.
But it turns out, the fix was to give admin rights to a folder that the admin already had rights to.
...ya gotta love that "Microsoft run around".
Ya know, for a company that is "all about business", they sure do know how to hinder a person while trying to do do business.

Nothing can "just work" everything has to be a song an dance and 20 different fuckin downloads to make something work...but in reality you do 20 different downloads just to either get the same errors, or new errors.

And for some dumb reason or should I say corporate GREED (I.E. not wanting to spend money)...businesses like mine and ones far more wealthy, simply accept it and try to find ways to work around it.
Which in my eyes, is an unacceptable way to run a business.
--