spc
Search similar:

uniqs

borncurious
@sbcglobal.net

borncurious

Anon

how is this posible?

sorry mod but i am so intrigued by this that i would like to hear what the experts opinions here as to how is this possible.

i was watching this youtube video "Nikola Tesla unlimited free energy forever THEY dont want you to know.." and i watched it all...at the end of the video i felt like there is a lot of information being held back to the public.

but anyways, at this guy was using a machine to levitate object..metal and non-metal...at 1:30 he lifted a 70lb canon ball...now, how was this guy able to do this phenomena?

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· AIdqH0Cs

i am so jaw dropped that it's amazing to me how electronics works and how mysterious they are...

what is this machine the guy used? thank you.

garys_2k
Premium Member
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI

garys_2k

Premium Member

I can't say what the trick is, but the special effects at the beginning remind me of MST3K.

aurgathor
join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA

1 recommendation

aurgathor to borncurious

to borncurious
I'm not going to watch nearly 2 hours of video, but based on the first 7 minutes, this is a scam. Harnessing what they call as "zero point energy" IMHO is either not possible, or would yield very little energy.

But there's one practically inexhaustible source of free energy, it's called the Sun.

To answer your question, in short: it is not possible.
aurgathor

1 recommendation

aurgathor

OK, I did watch a bit more here and there -- it's industrial strength pseudoscience for those who skipped science class in
school. In other words, it's pure, distilled BS.

The only value I see in this is entertainment or amusement for those who actually learned some science in school.

Fast forward to 1:47, and they're peddling 5 videos for $29.95 each or $120 for all 5. I guess I can rest my case at this point...
lutful
... of ideas
Premium Member
join:2005-06-16
Ottawa, ON

2 recommendations

lutful to aurgathor

Premium Member

to aurgathor
said by aurgathor:

Harnessing what they call as "zero point energy" IMHO is either not possible, or would yield very little energy.

It is impossible.

"The idea of zero-point energy is that there is a finite, minimum amount of motion (more accurately, kinetic energy) in all matter, even at absolute zero. For example, chemical bonds continue to vibrate in predictable ways. But releasing the energy of this motion is impossible, because then the molecule would be left with less than the minimum amount that the laws of quantum physics require it to have."

»www.scientificamerican.c ··· r&page=4

*** borncurious@sbcglobal.net: All "free energy" machines are variations of the classic perpetual motion scam and have very little to do with electronics.

Once you learn about the components ( resistors, capacitors, inductors, transistors, etc) electronics would still be amazing but not mysterious.

aurgathor
Lynnwood, WA

aurgathor

Thanks for looking it up, and showing an argument that it is indeed impossible. That movie is so much twisted non-sense that I figured I need not bother with searching.

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium Member
join:2005-01-20

Thane_Bitter to borncurious

Premium Member

to borncurious
said by borncurious :

what is this machine the guy used? thank you.

Gravity & fishing line, you can make the same video at home.

borncurious
@sbcglobal.net

borncurious

Anon

aurgathor, when i saw this video, i did not focus on the tittle of the video alone. i watched it with a mentality from many videos that i have seen about science and my own personal experience in my trade.

so by "free energy" i only see saving myself money buy buying/making something more efficient myself. so, in essence, it's not free but more efficient. take for example at 1:12 (you can fast forward on youtube to watch it) this guy talks about a heatpump. what he talks about any guy in the HVAC trade would understand. it's not free energy...due to building it and running it and maintaining it..but it is more efficient (almost close to free).

also take a look at this video...

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· _QTWl5Nc

that sounds crazy right...by the specs...but even google is using that already...is not "free energy" but very efficient.

moreover i have seen other videos where even a guy levitates a frog with magnetism...another where some guy levitated stuff with sound frequencies...etc.

thanks for your opinion though.

aurgathor
Lynnwood, WA

aurgathor to borncurious

to borncurious
As far as I can see, that was a teaser video with the purpose of selling 5 other videos. I do not know what's in those other videos, but based on what I saw here, it probably not even worth my time to watch it.

You probably have a conspirationist mindset (" i felt like there is a lot of information being held back to the public.") -- instead of trying to make sense of what you saw there (lots of it non-sense, or heavily distorted), you may just want to get a real science book, and learn from that. Or go to college.

Even the smartest people such as Tesla can be wrong on certain things.

In any case, if you just want some free energy solar cells are probably the closest, but they require a steep initial investment. Wind and geothermal are also possible, but they're a bit more complicated to harness. Heat pump is not free in that respect, but you get lots of heat back for relatively little electricity.
lutful
... of ideas
Premium Member
Ottawa, ON

lutful to borncurious

Premium Member

to borncurious
said by borncurious :

i only see saving myself money buy buying/making something more efficient myself ... even google is using that already...is not "free energy" but very efficient.

Google is definitely NOT using any such schemes. They are using more efficient servers and moving data centers to colder countries to reduce their massive electric bill.

Real levitation is possible with superconducting magnets but you need massive amount of energy to create the cold temperature and you get almost nothing back from the levitating object.

I have seen much better levitation tricks by magicians back home and my son has done levitation using common tricks (fishing line, reversed video, air stream, magnets under table, etc) these folks use.

You could ask in a "free energy" forum how much the experts are saving in energy bills. Just in case they are not forthcoming, you can also check out the smart guys from Mythbusters actually build and debunk various free energy schemes:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· -V8T4xgU

borncurious
@sbcglobal.net

borncurious

Anon

quote:
As far as I can see, that was a teaser video with the purpose of selling 5 other videos. I do not know what's in those other videos, but based on what I saw here, it probably not even worth my time to watch it.
i respect all peoples opinions because we learn from each other. we should not judge something by looking at the beginning and ending only....you might be missing out on learning something beneficial.
quote:
You probably have a conspirationist mindset (" i felt like there is a lot of information being held back to the public.") -- instead of trying to make sense of what you saw there (lots of it non-sense, or heavily distorted), you may just want to get a real science book, and learn from that. Or go to college.

Even the smartest people such as Tesla can be wrong on certain things.
is not conspirator mindset... is more of like being aware... or seeing things from at a different angle. is not about agreeing with all the movie 100%..is about taking little things from many movies. many science books..etc.

would you not like to save money on your AC home system? take for example the motors alone...there are efficient motors and non-efficient. the eficient will con'ts more because companies are not out to put money in your pockets, but rather you buy their stuff. this is all facts any HVAC tech with a kind heart will tell you this..e.g. a motor with bearings (real bearings not just a copper sleeve with plastic washers) will be more efficient than a motor with a metal sleeve. this is fact. all science. is not a conspiracy..is just that there is no one out there to make things not to profit from. and that is where everyone turns a blind eye.
quote:
In any case, if you just want some free energy solar cells are probably the closest, but they require a steep initial investment. Wind and geothermal are also possible, but they're a bit more complicated to harness. Heat pump is not free in that respect, but you get lots of heat back for relatively little electricity.
if you think about it, all energy comes free...it just takes work to gather it. some more some less...but it starts as free...what company manufactures electrons? just saying so you can see it in a different way. thanks for your opinions.
borncurious

borncurious to lutful

Anon

to lutful
quote:
Google is definitely NOT using any such schemes. They are using more efficient servers and moving data centers to colder countries to reduce their massive electric bill.
the thing is that bloom box is not a scheme...it is just that business has got a hold of it to profit...so you will not own it and never will even get to see one in real life...you will just settle with what you already have now. but the technology is real. so you are saying the bloom box is fake?
quote:
Real levitation is possible with superconducting magnets but you need massive amount of energy to create the cold temperature and you get almost nothing back from the levitating object.
sorry i was not expecting such opinions from here...but i do understand that many people don't know about a lot of things...take for example...did you know that a washer that you bought for $1000 US dollars can go bad due to a plastic washer (not efficient) alone? true facts! only a repair tech will tell you that, and that is even if he is honest... at any rate...
quote:
I have seen much better levitation tricks by magicians back home and my son has done levitation using common tricks (fishing line, reversed video, air stream, magnets under table, etc) these folks use.

You could ask in a "free energy" forum how much the experts are saving in energy bills. Just in case they are not forthcoming, you can also check out the smart guys from Mythbusters actually build and debunk various free energy schemes:
the levitation is real guy...only magicians fake it. you can even see it in the earth...the earth is being "leviated" around the sun...no magic no gimics..true facts. how do you explain the moon being levitated around the earth? sure it needs magnetism for sure...

at any rate...the myth buster is just entertainment. their background is more in the movie business than the more deep science stuff. thanks for your opinion though. but free energy is real...air, water, sun, what matters is how much it costs to use that free energy more efficient...that is all. thanks.
lutful
... of ideas
Premium Member
Ottawa, ON

lutful

Premium Member

said by borncurious :

so you are saying the bloom box is fake?

No. It is like a very large version of the tiny zinc-air batteries used in hearing aids.

Many metals (zinc, aluminum, etc) oxidize rapidly and can be used to make such batteries. The problem is that you need a lot of energy to reverse the process and get the metal back from the oxide. That is why it is not practical for running google data centers.
said by borncurious :

did you know that a washer that you bought for $1000 US dollars can go bad due to a plastic washer (not efficient)

Yes. I also understand why it is more "efficient" to replace a $10 plastic coupler which is designed to break quickly and save the motor from damage.
said by borncurious :

the earth is being "leviated" around the sun...the moon being levitated around the earth? sure it needs magnetism for sure...

No. A beach ball could orbit the earth or the moon because of gravity. You just need a lot of real energy to get it started.

Anyway, perhaps the electronics forum is not the best place to discuss free energy and levitation.

borncurious
@sbcglobal.net

borncurious

Anon

quote:
No. It is like a very large version of the tiny zinc-air batteries used in hearing aids.

Many metals (zinc, aluminum, etc) oxidize rapidly and can be used to make such batteries. The problem is that you need a lot of energy to reverse the process and get the metal back from the oxide. That is why it is not practical for running google data centers.
i won't disagree with your knowledge about zinc-air batteries...but i will strongly disagree when you are comparing batteries (capasitors that discharge very slowly?) with non-batteries...it just does not add up. you have to agree with me that "free energy" is not to be taken literally. it just means that, "free" means stop being manipulated by the grid , for example.

i own an "eco-drive" citizen watch...it is ran by batteries... batteries that get charged by the "solar panel" face. ask me when was the last time i changed the battery? i also own a self winding watch...one i need to wear all the time...another i just need to wear it here and there... free energy from light VS free energy from motion.

i don't know dude, you need to show proof to be 100% sure that goggle is not using this technology...in the video, the guy says google was the fist customer.
quote:
Yes. I also understand why it is more "efficient" to replace a $10 plastic coupler which is designed to break quickly and save the motor from damage.

yes i agree in the "sacrifice" of the plastic coupler to save money...but the plastic washer is not there to safe the washign machine, it is there because it is cheaper to use plastic than metal for the company...big difference there. i.e the plastic washer in the washing machine is less efficient than the plastic coupler. both are plastic and cheap...

saving the motor is more efficient than killing it right? a plastic washer kills a motor in one machine while a plastic valve saves it in another...?
quote:
No. A beach ball could orbit the earth or the moon because of gravity. You just need a lot of real energy to get it started.

Anyway, perhaps the electronics forum is not the best place to discuss free energy and levitation.
real energy is free...lets just look at the big bang...:)...

yeah, this thread went somewhere where i did not want it to go...but hey, it happens....thanks for your opinion.

i have been admiring electronics since very little...those capacitors that get charged and release energy, those resistors that become "ceramic/plastic valves" to the electric flow...those diodes that only allow one sine wave in...etc...

thanks though.