SoUncool30
join:2011-09-07
London, ON

SoUncool30 to TypeS

to TypeS

Re: [Cable] Outage in London

said by TypeS:

said by SoUncool30:

Outage here too... NE London. This is getting a bit ridiculous, it's happened 3 times in the last few weeks.

There has only been 1 other major outage in the past 3 weeks.

Mine has gone down 3 times I never said anything about "major outage". But that aside 2 major outages in a little over a week sucks.
SoUncool30

SoUncool30 to evil_gusgus

to evil_gusgus
Double post sorry

TSI TNC
TSI TNC
Premium Member
join:2012-10-23
Chatham, ON

TSI TNC

Premium Member

We have opened a ticket and it is not only TekSavvy customers that are affected. We do apologize for the inconvenience.

BenVanDorp
join:2012-08-10
London, ON

BenVanDorp to SoUncool30

to SoUncool30
said by SoUncool30:

said by TypeS:

said by SoUncool30:

Outage here too... NE London. This is getting a bit ridiculous, it's happened 3 times in the last few weeks.

There has only been 1 other major outage in the past 3 weeks.

Mine has gone down 3 times I never said anything about "major outage". But that aside 2 major outages in a little over a week sucks.

Its only gone down 2 times for me including now.

What pisses me off is that teksavvy will be offering APOI to new area before they add current TPIA customers. Marc, i know you will read this eventually so heed this. Even the guys that are proud of you and Telsavvy are gettin pissed.

-We can't reccomend your service anymore
-There are other ISPs with 300 gb caps . This is awesome for peoplethat only want a stable connection. Your bread and butter to offering the unlimited accounts.
-You have to switch before november, why leave it to the last minute? We both know rogers will f*** up at some point leaving you to pick up the pieces.
-Part of offering a service with no contracts means we can jump ship at any time!

I have been around since the MLPPP days and i will stay with you, but i have 2 friends i know personally switching to another provider. There are still at least 3 other people sticking with you for now. But if they see a june date for the transfer, we will know that you will really mean August. Feathers are already a bit rustled, take care of your customers that already pay before trying to expand.

In short, why go for two in the bush if you have two right now dude.

TypeS
join:2012-12-17
London, ON

TypeS

I believe it's easier to set up new areas for APOI and there just simply just more work involved in moving currently active POIs (such as moving the without or as little as possible disruption to service for customers already on those POIs).

There are people in areas where TekSavvy hasn't had cable service ever that have been waiting for currnently have DSL with TekSavvy and are waiting for cable (these would be customers of TekSavvy just like you and I).

If you go read Start's thread where they introduced Cable internet, rocca mentioned it had been works for years to get Start onto offering cable internet services. Start jumped in a right time with Cablecos moving to APOI. You can't really call it TekSavvy waiting to the last minute when comparing to Start. Starting up fresh is always easier then upgrading or moving to something new.

Also, the current capacity rates on APOI are inflated through the roof (something rocca has also mentioned) and Start upped rates AND lowered caps. I'm pretty sure TekSavvy and TekSavvy's customers would like to avoid that until the CRTC rules on CBB rates.

BenVanDorp
join:2012-08-10
London, ON

BenVanDorp

Catch 22 or not, my points stand.

evil_gusgus
join:2008-04-14
London, ON

evil_gusgus

Yay for tethering!
motoraway
join:2005-12-25
London, ON

motoraway to evil_gusgus

to evil_gusgus
This is the 2nd weekend in a row. This is beginning to get frustrating.

TypeS
London, ON

TypeS to evil_gusgus

to evil_gusgus
Distributel's network status reports an outage too with the exact same symptoms: »www.distributel.ca/en/ne ··· tat.aspx

Only they say its in the "GTA" area. :\

sigfried
@184.151.61.x

sigfried to evil_gusgus

Anon

to evil_gusgus
Well I wish that I could get some credit too.
I am at the bottom end of the spectrum, and pay $70 for my service and get only about 10mbit down tops.

Outages are not a good thing.

Lostonthedot
@184.151.63.x

Lostonthedot to workman845

Anon

to workman845
I work from home and was on an important call as this happened. Had anyone heard of an eta on how long it will be down for?

Deek
@telus.com

Deek to evil_gusgus

Anon

to evil_gusgus
Down in Byron. I called tech support, on hold for 12 mins. Listened to a mix of elevator muzak and incredibly annoying static, with no info about where I was in the queue, finally hung up. I've been a very loyal TSI customer for 5 years, but I think it's time to look for another ISP. (They used to be so good!)

TypeS
London, ON

TypeS

You realize all of London is down whether you're on TekSavvy, Distributel or Start right now. I haven't been able to confirm with anyone on Rogers yet though.
Expand your moderator at work

chrisco
@wind.ca

chrisco to evil_gusgus

Anon

to evil_gusgus

Re: [Cable] Outage in London

I don't think the issue is TekSavvy guys. Mine went out at about 10:50pm. ( TekSavvy ). But my friend up the street is with acanac he's out too. As is distributel too.

I don't think its DNS related either. As you can simply put in Google DNS or open DNS of even the rogers DNS. That didn't help either. Very strange. Anyways hopefully doesn't lat long. Its 2:30am Now.

lostonthedot
@184.151.63.x

lostonthedot to TypeS

Anon

to TypeS
Everyone is blaming teksavvy but let's lay the true blame. Teksavvy, Distributel, and Start are down right now, this is not a problem with Teksavvy service, this is a problem with the main caretaker of the HUBs and lines, in other words Rogers. The first outage was actually a true physical problem with the equipment, and I can only imagine that they did a quick fix that obviously did not hold. I will still stand behind Teksavvy, because having tried other services,Teksavvy is still hands above other companies out there. If blame is to be placed, then blame Rogers for not really caring about third party customers.
rockstar71
join:2007-10-14
London, ON

rockstar71 to evil_gusgus

to evil_gusgus
Noticed mine was down last night too at around 11:30pm. Still down this morning.
philm_to
join:2012-12-03

philm_to to evil_gusgus

to evil_gusgus
Honestly, this is over the top bullshit. If Rogers is purposely dragging their feet they should be sued.
walile
join:2013-02-10

walile to lostonthedot

to lostonthedot
At this point, I want the problem to be fixed ASAP. We can assign blames and do the accounting after.

But refund or credit your customer for the downtime, don't blame the supplier for your failure to deliver a service!!!

This is the second time in a month that I have lost at least half day of Internet access. I am paying $70 a month, on average that's $2.30/day. My experience with Acanac is that they will offer credit in the form of one week or two weeks of free service.

The last time that I spoke to a TekSavvy support agent, I was told that it is TekSavvy's policy to not offer any credit/refund for service not rendered. People on this board hate Rogers/Bell, and I can see why. But how is TekSavvy's practice not equally bad? Matter of fact, in some other industries, this would be down right criminal.

TypeS
London, ON

TypeS

said by walile:

At this point, I want the problem to be fixed ASAP. We can assign blames and do the accounting after.

But refund or credit your customer for the downtime, don't blame the supplier for your failure to deliver a service!!!

This is the second time in a month that I have lost at least half day of Internet access. I am paying $70 a month, on average that's $2.30/day. My experience with Acanac is that they will offer credit in the form of one week or two weeks of free service.

The last time that I spoke to a TekSavvy support agent, I was told that it is TekSavvy's policy to not offer any credit/refund for service not rendered. People on this board hate Rogers/Bell, and I can see why. But how is TekSavvy's practice not equally bad? Matter of fact, in some other industries, this would be down right criminal.

Both times that I suffered the a DHCP issue that knocked my internet out for whole weekends, I was given credit back. Anytime I've spoken on the phone when experiencing downtime, I'm assured I will be given credit if its prolonged.

TSI Andy
Premium Member
join:2012-11-22
Chatham, ON

TSI Andy to evil_gusgus

Premium Member

to evil_gusgus
We apologize for the inconveniences, we are working diligently on this to have service restored. Unfortunately we do not have and ETA to provide at this time on estimated resolution.

Thank you for your much appreciated patience.

TSI Martin p
walile
join:2013-02-10

walile to TypeS

to TypeS
said by TypeS:

Both times that I suffered the a DHCP issue that knocked my internet out for whole weekends, I was given credit back. Anytime I've spoken on the phone when experiencing downtime, I'm assured I will be given credit if its prolonged.

Interesting, I wonder why there is a preferential treatment here. Which department did you spoke to, account billing or tech support?

Matt1885
@opera-mini.net

Matt1885 to TSI Andy

Anon

to TSI Andy
8 hours....
I would like an notification of when it gets back up. I guess I will subscribe to this thread.

It seems like we've had quite a string of outages lately. Quite annoying.

TypeS
London, ON

TypeS to walile

to walile
said by walile:

said by TypeS:

Interesting, I wonder why there is a preferential treatment here. Which department did you spoke to, account billing or tech support?

Tech support, I don't even ask, they just mention it. They say as long as its not my equipment or something I have done to cause the downtime, I'll get credit.
workman845
join:2011-09-22

workman845

Well that must be nice. I, like walile, never receive create for downtime. I think once about 8 years ago I did when we first got high speed in Wyoming ON. Since going back to the company a year and a half ago I've received no credit and have had at least 8 outages. Not to mention the issue with the internet not being usable every night after 5pm last year because they took on more customers than they could handle. Any time there is an issue it's "sorry Rogers doesn't like us". I can understand there are issues with Rogers but not only should we be receiving credits for this stuff it shouldn't even b happening. I'm tired of all this and will definitely be looking for a new ISP tomorrow. #endrant

TSI Eric
TSI David
Premium Member
join:2007-06-25
Chatham, ON

TSI Eric to TypeS

Premium Member

to TypeS
Outage update:

Looks like the issue was caused by a fiber cut between Brantford and Woodstock. No ETA for the repair but a Rogers crew has been onsite since early this morning working on it. Apparently a transport truck took down 2 Allstream and 2 Rogers lines.

Regards,

David

Perma
join:2011-12-20

Perma

They should really start placing all lines underground

TypeS
London, ON

TypeS to TSI Eric

to TSI Eric
said by TSI Eric:

Outage update:

Looks like the issue was caused by a fiber cut between Brantford and Woodstock. No ETA for the repair but a Rogers crew has been onsite since early this morning working on it. Apparently a transport truck took down 2 Allstream and 2 Rogers lines.

Regards,

David

So this would;ve taken out the internet for anyone on the Rogers network in London?
FEDO
join:2011-03-26
Canada

FEDO to TSI Eric

to TSI Eric
Thanks for the update man!

Mofeed
ZombieBanner
join:2012-11-14
Chatham, ON

ZombieBanner to TypeS

to TypeS
Not neccessarly, depending on how the links are routed.
Rogers may have these 2 links specifically Teksavvy and other TPIA, where their service runs off another link, can't say for sure its all just speculation at this point.