share rss forum feed

TSI Marty
Premium
join:2012-11-22
Chatham, ON
kudos:5
reply to evil_gusgus

Re: [Cable] Outage in London

We apologize for the inconveniences, we are working diligently on this to have service restored. Unfortunately we do not have and ETA to provide at this time on estimated resolution.

Thank you for your much appreciated patience.

TSI Martin p

walile

join:2013-02-10
reply to TypeS
said by TypeS:

Both times that I suffered the a DHCP issue that knocked my internet out for whole weekends, I was given credit back. Anytime I've spoken on the phone when experiencing downtime, I'm assured I will be given credit if its prolonged.

Interesting, I wonder why there is a preferential treatment here. Which department did you spoke to, account billing or tech support?

Matt1885

@opera-mini.net
reply to TSI Marty
8 hours....
I would like an notification of when it gets back up. I guess I will subscribe to this thread.

It seems like we've had quite a string of outages lately. Quite annoying.

TypeS

join:2012-12-17
London, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to walile
said by walile:

said by TypeS:

Both times that I suffered the a DHCP issue that knocked my internet out for whole weekends, I was given credit back. Anytime I've spoken on the phone when experiencing downtime, I'm assured I will be given credit if its prolonged.

Interesting, I wonder why there is a preferential treatment here. Which department did you spoke to, account billing or tech support?

Tech support, I don't even ask, they just mention it. They say as long as its not my equipment or something I have done to cause the downtime, I'll get credit.

workman845

join:2011-09-22
Well that must be nice. I, like walile, never receive create for downtime. I think once about 8 years ago I did when we first got high speed in Wyoming ON. Since going back to the company a year and a half ago I've received no credit and have had at least 8 outages. Not to mention the issue with the internet not being usable every night after 5pm last year because they took on more customers than they could handle. Any time there is an issue it's "sorry Rogers doesn't like us". I can understand there are issues with Rogers but not only should we be receiving credits for this stuff it shouldn't even b happening. I'm tired of all this and will definitely be looking for a new ISP tomorrow. #endrant

TSI David
TSI David
Premium,VIP
join:2007-06-25
Chatham, ON
kudos:8
reply to TypeS
Outage update:

Looks like the issue was caused by a fiber cut between Brantford and Woodstock. No ETA for the repair but a Rogers crew has been onsite since early this morning working on it. Apparently a transport truck took down 2 Allstream and 2 Rogers lines.

Regards,

David
--
TSI David - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TekSavvy Employee (TekSavvy FAQ - Official TekSavvy Support Agents)

Perma

join:2011-12-20
They should really start placing all lines underground

TypeS

London, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to TSI David
said by TSI David:

Outage update:

Looks like the issue was caused by a fiber cut between Brantford and Woodstock. No ETA for the repair but a Rogers crew has been onsite since early this morning working on it. Apparently a transport truck took down 2 Allstream and 2 Rogers lines.

Regards,

David

So this would;ve taken out the internet for anyone on the Rogers network in London?

FEDO

join:2011-03-26
Canada
reply to TSI David
Thanks for the update man!

Mofeed

ZombieBanner

join:2012-11-14
Chatham, ON
reply to TypeS
Not neccessarly, depending on how the links are routed.
Rogers may have these 2 links specifically Teksavvy and other TPIA, where their service runs off another link, can't say for sure its all just speculation at this point.

MrMazda86

join:2013-01-29
Kitchener, ON
Nope... From what I can gather, these issues are also affecting all Rogers customers directly as well.

Disciplinz

reply to evil_gusgus
Does this includes Brampton region as well?

Nailbag

join:2001-10-16
London, ON

1 edit
reply to evil_gusgus
Click for full size
Click for full size
I LIVE CLOSE TO evil_gusgus and i ve been out since last night .I'm stealing an unsecured wireless so i must be on bells net right now but this is getting PF SAD i never get above 22m any more and i'm on the 28 mg profile

MrMazda86

join:2013-01-29
Kitchener, ON
reply to Disciplinz
Not to my knowledge... Kitchener and Guelph for cable seem to be up and running just fine... Kitchener is between Brampton and the point that has been affected, so I highly doubt the issue will cover your area as well. If you're experiencing signal or line problems, it may be related to one of a number of other problems in the GTA that are currently being worked on.

delius

join:2006-07-30
Dorchester, ON
No problem. On Rogers here. No down time at all

TypeS

London, ON
reply to Nailbag
What time of the day did you do those speed tests at?

walile

reply to workman845
said by workman845:

Well that must be nice. I, like walile, never receive create for downtime. I think once about 8 years ago I did when we first got high speed in Wyoming ON. Since going back to the company a year and a half ago I've received no credit and have had at least 8 outages. Not to mention the issue with the internet not being usable every night after 5pm last year because they took on more customers than they could handle. Any time there is an issue it's "sorry Rogers doesn't like us". I can understand there are issues with Rogers but not only should we be receiving credits for this stuff it shouldn't even b happening. I'm tired of all this and will definitely be looking for a new ISP tomorrow. #endrant

Thank for verifying that I am not the only one not receiving credit. I specifically asked for reimbursement for the downtime on two separate occasions over two different incidents. After that, I don't even bother calling tech support and just wait it out.

I am all for supporting smaller ISP and TekSavvy has been a great ISP all things considered. But there really is no excuse for taking my money when the service that I paid for and prepaid for that matter, is not being provided.

Matter of fact, this is about principle to me more than the money. My time is probably worth more than the few dollars of reimbursement that I never received.

I hate to be shopping for a new ISP, but if that's what it takes for TekSavvy to realize that there is a problem then so be it.

Fervid

@telus.com
reply to TSI David
Does anyone know if there's a network status webpage for the Teksavvy - London Area?

Scycotic

join:2012-12-10

graniterock
Premium
join:2003-03-14
London, ON
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Fervid
said by Fervid :

Does anyone know if there's a network status webpage for the Teksavvy - London Area?

This is it! It would be nice if they had a shiny network status on their homepage. But I have found this forum definately gets reports of usage from users almost instantly some times and the staff give more frequent updates than a status page ever would.

jasmo34

join:2008-03-20
London, ON
said by graniterock:

said by Fervid :

This is it! It would be nice if they had a shiny network status on their homepage. But I have found this forum definately gets reports of usage from users almost instantly some times and the staff give more frequent updates than a status page ever would.

There IS this page right on the website... bottom right corner...
»www.teksavvy.com/en/support/tools/tools
But you're right GR... the info is usually here first.

TSI Marty
Premium
join:2012-11-22
Chatham, ON
kudos:5
reply to Fervid
You can visit: »teksavvy.com/en/support/tools/tools

On twitter:
@TekSavvyNetwork for network status updates
@TekSavvyCSR for customer service information
@TekSavvybuzz for news and information

Martin P

bbiab

join:2004-05-26
reply to TSI David
said by TSI David:

Outage update:

Regards,

David

Does Rogers make a claim against somebody when something like this happens?

jacob1994

join:2013-02-01
London, ON
reply to TSI David
It's been 12 hours now......
I know that it would not be easy to replace the fibers but.... Does anyone know how long it's about to take??

TypeS

London, ON
reply to bbiab
My guess would be the insurance company of the truck driver.

Though I doubt Rogers will trickle any claim payout down.

graniterock
Premium
London, ON
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·TekSavvy Cable
said by TypeS:

My guess would be the insurance company of the truck driver.

A while back someone jumped a curb, hit one of those black and yellow caution signs and then hit me. I remember the cop put down the sign as having a value of $240. I got the impression a copy of the report was going to the city so that they could try and collect. I'm thinking this is more than a $240 repair so my guess is someone will come knocking.

londoner1

join:2007-04-26
London, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to evil_gusgus
Excuse me if this has been posted already. I'm only connected via 3G and haven't read all the posts here

Who all is affected by this outage? Rogers? Start? TSI? Etc?
Can traffic not be routed over another route avoiding the link that obviously is useless at the moment?

blondedragon

@blackberry.net
reply to walile
I spoke with Teksavvy at 10am this morning. They told me a transport truck knocked down lines and Rogers is out fixing it. Apparently some rogers customers are out too. My mom (a rogers customer) has internet. I am in south London.. They still hate no ETA

philm_to

join:2012-12-03
reply to jacob1994
Im sure Rogers told the truck to take its time.

graniterock
Premium
London, ON
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·TekSavvy Cable

1 edit
reply to londoner1
I've got my whole house on 3G right now. Thankful for USB tethering and network bridging.

There's been confirmation start and some other 3rd party providers are having issues. No confirmations if Rogers customers themselves are having issues. If they are, they are keeping it off of their DSLreports forum.

I'm kinda surprised by the lack of rerouting myself. My guess is that it is a bit more complicated than switching a few wires around at the start and end points.

Edit: I was mistaken, Start did not have an outage