spc
uniqs
SoUncool30
join:2011-09-07
London, ON

SoUncool30 to evil_gusgus

to evil_gusgus

Re: [Cable] Outage in London

Outage here too... NE London. This is getting a bit ridiculous, it's happened 3 times in the last few weeks.

TypeS
join:2012-12-17
London, ON

TypeS

said by SoUncool30:

Outage here too... NE London. This is getting a bit ridiculous, it's happened 3 times in the last few weeks.

There has only been 1 other major outage in the past 3 weeks.
SoUncool30
join:2011-09-07
London, ON

SoUncool30

said by TypeS:

said by SoUncool30:

Mine has gone down 3 times I never said anything about "major outage". But that aside 2 major outages in a little over a week sucks.

BenVanDorp
join:2012-08-10
London, ON

BenVanDorp

said by SoUncool30:

said by TypeS:

said by SoUncool30:

Mine has gone down 3 times I never said anything about "major outage". But that aside 2 major outages in a little over a week sucks.

Its only gone down 2 times for me including now.

What pisses me off is that teksavvy will be offering APOI to new area before they add current TPIA customers. Marc, i know you will read this eventually so heed this. Even the guys that are proud of you and Telsavvy are gettin pissed.

-We can't reccomend your service anymore
-There are other ISPs with 300 gb caps . This is awesome for peoplethat only want a stable connection. Your bread and butter to offering the unlimited accounts.
-You have to switch before november, why leave it to the last minute? We both know rogers will f*** up at some point leaving you to pick up the pieces.
-Part of offering a service with no contracts means we can jump ship at any time!

I have been around since the MLPPP days and i will stay with you, but i have 2 friends i know personally switching to another provider. There are still at least 3 other people sticking with you for now. But if they see a june date for the transfer, we will know that you will really mean August. Feathers are already a bit rustled, take care of your customers that already pay before trying to expand.

In short, why go for two in the bush if you have two right now dude.

TypeS
join:2012-12-17
London, ON

TypeS

I believe it's easier to set up new areas for APOI and there just simply just more work involved in moving currently active POIs (such as moving the without or as little as possible disruption to service for customers already on those POIs).

There are people in areas where TekSavvy hasn't had cable service ever that have been waiting for currnently have DSL with TekSavvy and are waiting for cable (these would be customers of TekSavvy just like you and I).

If you go read Start's thread where they introduced Cable internet, rocca mentioned it had been works for years to get Start onto offering cable internet services. Start jumped in a right time with Cablecos moving to APOI. You can't really call it TekSavvy waiting to the last minute when comparing to Start. Starting up fresh is always easier then upgrading or moving to something new.

Also, the current capacity rates on APOI are inflated through the roof (something rocca has also mentioned) and Start upped rates AND lowered caps. I'm pretty sure TekSavvy and TekSavvy's customers would like to avoid that until the CRTC rules on CBB rates.

BenVanDorp
join:2012-08-10
London, ON

BenVanDorp

Catch 22 or not, my points stand.