share rss forum feed

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11
reply to Dustyn

Re: [WIN7] Extend Timeout: Restart/Shutdown

Sorry guys. I've tried every recommendation here. And there were quite a few registry options to try. I'm beginning to think I can't INCREASE the timeout delay. Looks like I can only shorten it which would forcibly close things. As previously mentioned the dark screen appears about 5-6 seconds into an initiated shutdown/restart. So that would equal 5000-6000ms. So I thought about increasing the registry key HungAppTimeout from the DEFAULT 5000ms (5sec) to 10000-20000ms. "HungAppTimout" key located in HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Control Panel -> Desktop -> HungAppTimeout. It made no change as the screen still appeared after 5 seconds after I modified the registry key to 20 seconds. Some detailed Google search results indicated that this specific key will not obey a change beyond the default 5000ms.

So it looks like it can't be done... unless there is something else I'm missing?
Only other thing is to enable the registry key option that would force an unprompted shutdown/restart. However, that would defeat the purpose.
--
Remember that cool hidden "Graffiti Wall" here on BBR? After the name change I became the "owner", so to speak as it became: Dustyn's Wall »[Serious] RIP